Gold Goin' Up??? (Soros and Paulson investing in gold)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

The guys who talk the most smack about PM's typically are found out to own huge piles of teh stuff. As for Berkshire Hathaway,Soros, et. al., they are all liars and thieves who should never be trusted. These guys did not become billionaires by telling everyone elsxe how to do what they are doing, they got there by lying, cheating and hiding their activities.

The deadness of the gold market is telling me one of two things:

1) they are not buying and it is all a con job
2) they are buying, but the downward pressures of the market are offsetting their buys.

Either way, it indicates to me that the gold market is soft and could crash. Only time will tell, though.

Gold is not merely going up, it is going to find its true value in the near future. When the Brotherhood of Darkness finally lose their grip, and when the sheeple finally realize that leveraged and rehypothecated gold really is not the way to get physical gold, those instruments will rapidly lose their value through lost faith. The end result is the realization [en masse] that physical that you can hold is the only way to own gold and that allowing anyone besides yourself to hold your gold is idiotic.

I wonder when golden boys Soros and Paulsen start (attempting to) turning in their GLD shares for delivery...

Well,Au & Ag goin' up.
Soros,sells financial stocks & buys paper Au.
Rothschild supposedly shorts the euro.
Dollar down,Euro up.
When these reptiles do things my little voice says,Watch Out.
Oil gettin' close to $100 Bbl.

GOD BLESS & BRING OUR TROOPS HOME!!!

Even though gold is going up, we have not broken the major downtrend yet. Gold needs to decisively punch through $1675 to do that. We should know in a few weeks whether gold is going to resume its march to the stars now, or wait a while and rocket to the stars later. It is just a question of how volatile the gold market will be when it does break out.

We're pretty close to $1675 & $31.
I'm likeing the spike,BUT...I'm still wary of the pump & dump.
Hope my gut is wrong.

GOD BLESS & BRING OUR TROOPS HOME!!!

During an usual conference call Tuesday with financial advisers from Bank of America's wealth management unit and their clients, über hedge fund founder John Paulson reportedly defended the track record of his gold fund, which he allegedly acknowledged was the worst performing in the Paulson & Co. portfolio this year.
In a June interview with Businessweek, Paulson said, "We view gold as a currency, not a commodity. Its importance as a currency will continue to increase as major central banks around the world continue to print money." He also stressed that demand for gold will stay high and that all of his gold holdings would shoot up in value.

Bank of America executives reportedly began Tuesday's conference call praising Paulson investments in gold miners. Spencer Boggess, chief investment officer for alternative investments, who led the call allegedly described Paulson's funds as a great way to play the "gold miner thesis."

Long bullish on gold, Paulson reiterated during the call that his bets on gold will pay off although current returns are disappointing. Almost a quarter of the Advantage funds were invested in gold this year, as well as in the Paulson Gold Funds, Businessweek reported in June.

Businessweek also observed that during Tuesday's conference call, Paulson discussed various scenarios for gold prices, the euro and the economy during the conference call. Reuters said Paulson observed that his portfolios are not structured to depend on specific economic conditions in order to flourish.

As Mineweb reported on August 15th, during the second quarter Paulson increased his holdings by 26% in the SPDR Gold Trust, the world's largest gold ETF. Among the fund's gold equity holdings are Allied Nevada Gold, AngloGold- Ashanti, Barrick, Gold Fields, NovaGold, Agnico-Eagle, Iamgold and Randgold.

http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/view/mineweb/en/page34?oid=157832&sn=Detail

In the most recent 13-f filing on November 14th, the Soros fund increased its position in gold via the GDL fund from 884,400 shares, to 1.3+ million shares. That represents a sum of about $200 million. The fund increased its position in the GDX gold miners ETF from 1 million shares, to over 2.3 million, it added a 1.7 million share position in Kinross Gold, and finally, maintained a nearly 2.4 million share position in the GDXJ junior gold miners ETF.

But it seems I left something out. Along with all the other financial news editors.

The Soros Fund added what appears to be a $9 million call option position on the GDX.

What might that mean?

Well, it could mean a few things. It could mean that George Soros and his fund management team listen closely when a 100 year old man speaks. It might also mean the team felt that gold mining equities were extremely undervalued on a short term basis…and it might also mean the team sees money to be made over the next 6-12 months, via a sharp move higher in the GDX.

One thing we do not know, is the expiration date and strike price of the options. However, given the size of the fund, and size of the option position, it’s very unlikely that the options are short-term(less than 6 months), and due to necessary volume to fill such a position, they are likely “close to the money”---to use a piece of option jargon.

More: http://www.kitco.com/ind/Tekoa_Silva/20121121.html

Back
Top Bottom