The Shining: Kubrick's Gold Story

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Shelby-villian

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
Very interesting analysis of Stanley Kubrick's The Shining. I'm a big fan of Stanley Kubrick so this was a most interesting analysis for me.

It even goes to briefly mention anti-Fed House Representative Louis T. McFadden. :)

Doesn't this sound like how things are today? :(

From Rep. McFadden's speech to the House, 6/10/1932:

“Mr. Chairman, we have in this country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve banks. The Federal Reserve Board, a Government board, has cheated the Government of the United States out of enough money to pay the national debt. The depredations and the iniquities of the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve banks acting together have cost this country enough money to pay the national debt several times over. This evil institution has impoverished and ruined the people of the United States, has bankrupted itself, and has practically bankrupted our Government. It has done this through defects of the law under which it operates, through the maladministration of that law by the Federal Reserve Board, and through the corrupt practices of the moneyed vultures who control it.”

Very interesting. Might be good to note this is a 4 part video, just watching the first video people might not get the connection.

I only kept watching b/c I took some film classes in college where we analyzed some of Kubricks other works, so I was generally interested.

Thanks for posting this. One of my favourite films, and very interesting to see an analysis of it.

It's worth looking at interpretations of Kubrick's other works. There are many. All very interesting stuff.

I'm going to look into interpretation of Eyes Wide Shut since it was the weakest of his movies for me. 2001 has and will always be my #1 movie all time.

My favorite part of the Shining analysis (besides the mind blowing Wilson connection) is when Stanley goes "The Dow Jones is down! Buy Gold!"

Look up Eyes Wide Shut + symbolism. See where that takes you.

It's just possible he may have upset some people with that one.

I love most of the things Stanley Kubrick do and this is no exception. Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom