Still predicting $2000/oz by end of year

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Have not seen it, and at the moment cannot read it.

However, right now there is no reason to disbelieve that $2000 could happen even with the current weakness in the PM markets.

Once shit in Euroland really start to unwind, people will absolutely flee from sovereign paper in to precious metals, oil, food etc.

I can't remember where I saw it, but just yesterday or the day before, I saw someone predicting gold to $3,000/ozt by year end.

I can't remember where I saw it, but just yesterday or the day before, I saw someone predicting gold to $3,000/ozt by year end.

And if AU goes to $3k (or even $2k) where does Silver end up?

Safe guess is that a 1oz:~50oz G:S ratio would still be kept alive.

It is currently @ 54.

Last edited:
We do need the FED to act... raise the interest rates to what the market dictates it should be!

But yeah, I think we all agree they are the problem... I hope that is what we all think.

We do need the FED to act... raise the interest rates to what the market dictates it should be!

But yeah, I think we all agree they are the problem... I hope that is what we all think.

As long as the Fed is acting by printing money, a higher interest rate is a tough nut to make stick. Laws of supply and demand dictate that easy money is also cheap money, in more ways than one.

Gold will see far greater than 2K my friend. When the smoke clears, and China declares owership of the worlds largest gold stash, and that the Remnimbi is now backed at least partially by gold, all hell will break loose, I guarantee it.

Here is a new chart showing Gold since 2008. I have no clue WHY Gold decisively broke the uptrend last week, but it did. Based on that I would be a CAUTIOUS buyer since the chart is essentially saying that this runup MAY be over.

Yes, I know that flies in the face of convention wisdom. It even seems to deny what I "know" to be true based on the electron printing press.

AuWk120511.JPG

Based on what I see there, several things can happen.

1) Gold can bottom out at the bottom green line, go through the red line, and top out at the top green line, while staying below the black uptrend line. Then go sideways for months or years between the two green lines before either rocketing or crashing.

2) Gold can bottom out at the bottom green line, fail to go through the red line, then crash through the bottom green line. In this scenario, gold will stay below the red line for months or years before resuming its uptrend.

3) Gold can crash through the bottom green line, attempt a recovery to the bottom green line, then stay below the red line for a long long time.

My GUESS is #1, therefore the cautious buyer attitude.

ASS-U-MING that the chart is the end-all-be-all for predicting the future :)rotflmbo:), $2000 gold is not possible by the end of the year. We only have just over 7 months to see how accurate that is.

Last edited:
yes these are valid predictions mmerlinn and not what any pmbug really wants pointed out

my view is that we are in anything but a normal situation and that we are beginning to see a disconnect between paper gold prices and physical.
its paper prices that are being discussed and charted here but for all of us watchers and stackers it still feels like we are losing.

If you believe 'they' can sort out the ponzi problems, even if only for a few more months / years, then you might as well go play with paper for a bit longer.

FOFOA says the paper price will collapse and physical will go into hiding, ie no bid.

So be prepared to sit on some inedible ballast for a critical period of time .......

We'll tolerate no weak hands here.

Last edited:
What do you guys/gals think of Larry Edelson?
http://www.moneyandmarkets.com/transcript-8-shocking-new-forecasts-for-2012-and-beyond-49635

Larry Edelson, editor of the Real Wealth Report, is our expert on precious metals and other tangible assets. He is one of the very few in the world who nailed the bottom of the gold market at $255 per ounce in 1999 and helped his Real Wealth subscribers profit from the entire bull market, to as high as $1,921 per ounce.

NOTE: I am a little wary of newsletter authors that can have the temptation of selling more subscriptions by pumping the future price of PMs. In his interview from the link above, he is predicting that while this current bottom may still go a little lower, it won't last long and gold will soon climb to $5000 and silver likely to $150.

i stopped getting his free newsletter because he seemed to be just another fearmonger trying to get you to invest his way.

I reckon he 'gets it' though.

Most of the free stuff seems to operate on this basis, so you have to develop a bit of a filter.

i stopped getting his free newsletter because he seemed to be just another fearmonger trying to get you to invest his way.

I reckon he 'gets it' though.

Most of the free stuff seems to operate on this basis, so you have to develop a bit of a filter.
Advice is usually worth what it costs. Not always, but usually.

....while I do appreciate some technical analysis etc., but:

1. Current PMs market has NOTHING to do with supply/demand, price discovery, open, free market.
2. Gold/Silver price action is/will be in foreseeable future totally, utterly & completely dependent on the market sentiment, government&Central Bank actions, and macro-environment - right up until the moment, when market mechanisms overcome bullshit (IF they overcome bullshit - which is inevitable in FREE societies, but the question remains, if the current global dynamics will lead to more free, or more controlled/manipulated societies?)
3. Predicting that Gold will reach X, silver will reach Y, and all this will happened by Z date is, forgive me if we have a difference of opinion here, an utter nonsense!!!

4. What matters, in my humble opinion, is whether the fundamentals and long term outlook is bullish for PMs, or bearish? Has anything FUNDAMENTAL have changed, since secular bull run in PM have started some 11 years ago? Everything I can see around me, is that in the macro scale, TPTB are doing even MORE of the same nonsense. And in all probability, they will CONTINUE to do even MORE of the same, until fecking things up so completely, that some substantial change will be FORCED upon them. Believe me, you will notice that change.

I believe that the Fed is playing a song. Songs have a certain rhythm. They are refraining from stimulous measures and letting deleveraging occur right now to bring the pain in order to shore up political capital for QE. Whether that happens before November or not depends upon which puppet they want for POTUS. Not sure how strong they can afford to let the dollar get though as Europe continues to implode.

I'm not worried about timing. Whether this year or next, I fully expect that gold will win the day and vindicate the strong hands.

At this point, my LCS is charging a HUGE premium for ASE's, Maples, Phillies and when he has some, Kookaburras. He has raised premiums on regular bullion from 1.00 to between 2.00 and 3.50 depending on the brand. For instance Apmex rounds are two bucks over but Prospector rounds are 3.50.

Last edited:
Not surprising.
As price goes down, the premiums will go up because the cost of mining-to-minting doesn't fluctuate with the manipulations of the bankers.

As long as the Fed is acting by printing money, a higher interest rate is a tough nut to make stick. Laws of supply and demand dictate that easy money is also cheap money, in more ways than one.

QE3 by the Fed is expected to arrive very soon. Dollars triumphs won't be lasting very long as stats say that QE always cause devaluations. It's time to buy gold as they are the safest instruments during economic cold-waves.

Bring it on I say, Bring it on!! More dollars in circulation mean higher PM prices. Period.

Back
Top Bottom