Sweden's central bank prefers ignorance

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
Sweden’s central bank hasn’t carried out any physical checks of its gold reserves deposited with central banks abroad and relies on the respective authorities to do so, Dagens Industri reported, citing the Riksbank.

Central banks internationally, from Ireland to Germany and now in Sweden, are being forced to answer legitimate questions about their gold reserves by concerned citizens.

Swedish gold reserves are 126 metric tonnes and are valued at almost 45 billion Swedish krone.

The Riksbank confirmed that the majority of Swedish gold reserves are located abroad.

https://www.goldcore.com/goldcore_b...st-hedge-fund-converting-assets-physical-gold

Does this satisfy you mike? :rotflmbo:

This doesn't surprise me at all. Swedes worship the government and trust all government "officials" and related institutes. So if Ben, or whoever has their gold, says it's safe, they don't question anything. Meanwhile, as other countries are bringing home the gold, Sweden is increasing its dollar reserves. Also, the naive, 70%-tax-slave Swedes dream of a cashless society, so it's no wonder they have no concern for real money.

70% ?!?!?!?!?

How the hell can you survive on just 30% of your gross pay?? That's CRAZY!

What the hell do they do with their 70% cut of your hard earned pay??

I've got a good swede friend on G+ (another scientist). I'll ask him about all this next time I see him and get the word from the horse's mouth.

They give it to everyone on welfare and pay for the enormous government. My ex-wife has been on welfare since forever, and they give her enough to afford the most expensive apartment in the neighborhood, while I can barely afford a 2 room apartment.

Here's an article you can put in google translate:
http://www.svd.se/naringsliv/nyheter/sverige/skatt-ar-svenskens-storsta-utgift_7589034.svd

"En person med 25 000 kronor i lön bidrar med hela 17 200 kronor i skatt per månad har"

A person with a 25K salary pays 17,200 in taxes per month. That's including sales tax, which is a whopping 25%, and other "fees".

I've got a good swede friend on G+ (another scientist). I'll ask him about all this next time I see him and get the word from the horse's mouth.

Dude, this is the horse speaking. I've been living in Sweden for over a decade :doodoo:

Back
Top Bottom