Uh, Yes I Did Buy Gold Last Week...

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
I should start a subscription service, you pay me, and I will tell you 24 hours before I buy my gold so you can take the other side of the trade... My guess is that some 75% of the time I buy, the price has a nice big drop.

Ah well. At least over time I am happy, even if I "overpaid" $20.00 / oz (and counting) this time.

I am kind of surprised that DCFusor and swissaustrian have not taken me up on this...

:judge:

:)

:gold:

well, if it makes you feel any better, i bought silver before in the middle of it dropping. so for the amount that i purchased, i could have gotten quite a few more oz if i had waited lol

hey
i went all in with major purchases of gold and silver in sept '11 and am still waiting to get 'even' on those purchases. i panicked into doing this as the chart looked like it was going up a gear and i was going to be 'left at the station' .........

There has to be a pattern of confidence building creating overbought, so expect a setback after purchasing unless you are so fooking cool you can buy when it 'feels wrong' to do it.

well that's what I think technical analysis is based on - all these fluctuations of charts are based on underlying herd mentality and "hive mind" of the bulk of the market participants. After all, nothing else can produce somehow-reliable patterns like that, across all the sectors.

BTW, I was myself on the verge of buying a considerable bulk in recent weeks (but that's another reason for it - I've received a bulk of cash), only stopped short from doing this just then after asking & getting some good advice here on PMBug - thank you guys!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom