Are we missing any members today?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
I wonder if this guy was a PMBugger:
http://fofoa.blogspot.co.nz/2012/09/gold-hoarder-dies-alone-rip-walter.html

"There was only $200 in his bank account. But there was a $7 million surprise at home."

"As the house was being cleaned for sale, officials discovered gold bars and gold coins stored in boxes in the garage and in the house. There were so many coins that Carson City Clerk Alan Glover used a wheelbarrow to haul the gold to his truck and deposit it for safekeeping."

:flail:

"safekeeping".......Uh huh.

I wonder how many of those rare coins get pilfered? I'll bet there are twenty five long lost relatives who pop out from under every rock within a week.

That's disappointing that his stash made the news with a name associated with it. I'm sure many-a-criminal is going to be visiting that place looking for the stuff that wasn't found.

ADK

That's disappointing that his stash made the news with a name associated with it. I'm sure many-a-criminal is going to be visiting that place looking for the stuff that wasn't found.

ADK

and the IRS.

oh wait, same thing....

Last edited:
if anyone feels that their end is near and has no family to leave their PMs to, feel free to leave it to me :)

Sounds like he had very good OpSec. None of his neighbors knew about his stash and it sat there for months without being stolen.

Very sad that he had no family, friends or charity causes to pass along his life's work. He shoulda enjoyed his wealth more while he had the chance in that case.

I like the quote:

"As the house was being cleaned for sale, officials discovered gold bars and gold coins..."

I wonder how many "officials", most likely a cleaning crew hired by the bank, walked away with a few tokens?

ADK

Back
Top Bottom