WTF? GoldmanSachs advices to buy gold?!?!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

bushi

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
Now, that worries me - because I cannot understand why they are doing that??? Which means, I cannot see how to counteract :)

http://www.businessinsider.com/goldman-buy-gold-2012-3

Unless... they mean: buy Paper Gold from us, so we can unload that shit ASAP, Muppets!! Did I just cracked the code??

What you think, guys - it sounds suspicious for me (well, good & honest advice, that's why), unless the game is already set to bust the gold and break the market confidence in it?

Have no idea what to make of it.

regards,

Sounds like a major raid / smackdown is imminent. The bottom isn't in yet.

So within 3 months of a buy recommendation they had ~ 300 to the upside. Am I reading that right?

They want to dump it to buy it back cheaper. Simple as that.

I think we are set for quite a big tumble in gold and silver tbh. Like in 2008. Watch it rocket again 1 - 2 years into the next presidency.

I like how the concept of "long" turns out to mean "three months" to Goldman. How long is the average lifespan of a Goldman employee?

I don't care what Goldman sez. Just BUY when when you have the dough. Err, money that is. You CAN eat dough!

Bad humor aside, physical gold will not be listening to Goldman Sachs. Why should we?

Even if gold gets hammered down, say, to $1400 so what? Just buy some more as money comes in...

Any of these guys - well, GS is a special case here - you have to pay attention. For example, Warren Buffet was roundly laughed at over at ZH and elsewhere for buying BAC at around 5-6 bucks, and some special warrants etc only he could get due to his size. And yeah, for a few months, he looked pretty stupid, didn't he. Today's BAC as I type: $9.68, and in only a few months.

If you nearly doubled your money in only half a year, you'd think you were doing pretty good, eh? Not that I'm endorsing Warren, I'm not - just pointing out that you have to take timeframes into account with any of this kind of data or call. If Warren got out today, for him, that'd be day trading, and he probably won't (but I sure would) - right now it'd be me calling him dumb for not doing that.

I don't think the smackdown, if one is coming, is quite done yet. Sitting on plenty of dry powder, but going contrary to GS hasn't been quite good enough for me in the recent past go go short gold either.

Most of the time you should fade Goldman, or have a really good reason not to. They do tell the truth just often enough to make it not safe to always fade their calls, it helps keep a hold on the muppets. And sometimes they are just wrong way back there behind the double-triple think, you know.

Eh, not that I care too much what mainstream fin. in. have to say, I know they will say anything that serves their agenda - only it makes me a little bit anxious, if I cannot figure out WHY all of a sudden, they are suggesting things that would clearly undercut & diminish their position, if followed by most of the folks? How THAT serves their agenda? The only thought I have, would be that they assume most investors would turn to a "paper gold", (ETF), thus allowing big investment banks to unload most of THEIR paper gold, without influencing the market downward.

I am not concerned too much if the game is rigged, for as long as I can see it through (and point it out to others, willing to listen). When I cannot see how and where dice is going to be thrown, it makes me slightly nervous. You know the old poker saying, "if you cannot spot the sucker at the table, YOU are the sucker"

regards,

Last edited:
GS means you should buy digital gold.

Gold is an outdated relic- and the dollar which is as good as gold is also an outdated relic.

Fuck "digital gold", that's for complete suckers. I dare you to buy some GLD and try and get the actual metal purported to be backing those shares, I fucking dare you.

For that matter, I offer the same dare to those holding COMEX gold or silver. I double dog dare you to try and actuallyt take possession of it.

Back
Top Bottom