extra mortgage payment of 1 oz silver

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
I have 25 years to pay on the house- 5.5% fixed-this month $38.79 went to principle.

Would you A, buy a silver eagle

or B, pay $38.79 as it would be like making a 2nd house payment.

Me personally? I hate debt. I would pay it off as soon as possible.

No. My mortgage is 1/2 what rents are.

There is a proper way of using debt and an improper way of using debt.

If push came to shove and the bank called in your loan, could you pay for your house?

If the answer is no, then you are using leverage incorrectly.

I could- but I would not.

Selling- might mean walking away break even.

I have used part of my Christmas bonus each of the last six years to pay down the principle on my home. At this point, I only owe around [I think] less than twenty grand. I have thought about just paying the damn thing of and being done with it, but right now cash is king, and an opportunity may present itself that would allow me to arbitrage a nice profit, giving me free money to pay down the principle even more, so I won't pay it off just now.

The question could be- will silver yield better then 5.5%.

My house is a consumable item- carry costs could wipe out any equity- so I pretty much think I am break even to 20K to the black.

Apartments are literally 2x the cost of my PMIT.

I have used part of my Christmas bonus each of the last six years to pay down the principle on my home. At this point, I only owe around [I think] less than twenty grand. I have thought about just paying the damn thing of and being done with it, but right now cash is king, and an opportunity may present itself that would allow me to arbitrage a nice profit, giving me free money to pay down the principle even more, so I won't pay it off just now.

Pay Alloidal tax and be free if impending property tax acceleration, and any property liability.

If your state, or where you live allows this form of tax removal.

Alloidal title is not available anywhere in the United States. Although, I did recently read that one of the redoubt states had abolished property taxes state-wide. This makes it the most attractive state in the union for purposes of falling off the grid so to speak.

I am going to look into the redoubt state that recently abolished property tax. If I track down that info, I will put it up here.

Live on your land, hide you PMs, pay no (or very little) tax.

That would be fabulous! Pity it's so cold in the winters though.

If you build an earth sheltered home, it might be a little damp, but you will never really get "cold". I have read many stories about underground homes and have seen some amazaing stuff. There are a hundred ways to do it and a hundred ways not to do it, but it is the single most energy efficient way to keep both warm in the winter and cool in hte summer.

With a little bit of heat from a fireplace, you can comfortably heat two thousand square feet in winter, and with a very small injection system you can cool it in the summer using deeper earth as a heat sink.

I am going to look into the redoubt state that recently abolished property tax. If I track down that info, I will put it up here.

Live on your land, hide you PMs, pay no (or very little) tax.

That would be fabulous! Pity it's so cold in the winters though.

I have not found any states that have zero property tax. However, most reports I read list Wyoming as having the lowest property tax rates.

Example article:
http://ezinearticles.com/?States-With-No-Income-Taxes-and-States-With-Low-Property-Taxes&id=577015

Back
Top Bottom