Hard Core Defense at 35

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Someone absolutely does NOT want gold over 1800 or silver over 35. It appears to be a concerted effort. The pattern has been to slam the shit out of them and let the normal buyers slip in one at a time to buy them back up for the rest of the day, minor skirmishes here and there notwithstanding of course.

I really want to see what happens after the election though. If Obama pulls off a squeaker, I expect gun sales, gold sales and silver sales to go through the roof. If Romney wins, I expect gold and silver to do well, but not as well as they would if Obutstain wins, and gun sales will fall.

The commercial (bullion banks) short position has been growing massively over the last few weeks. As Gene Arensberg explains in the video below, they either have to cover these shorts now or hope for a crash in silver. It seems they can't engineer the crash, so they're just trying to hold prices where they are whilst they are covering shorts. This happened before the breakout at $28, too.
The COT data packages for the next 2 weeks are so should verify (or falsify) my theory: If the commericial short position shrunk while prices stayed flat, I'm right. If they increased their positions further, they held pms back from breaking out again with additional shorts.

ancona, swissaustrian,

All of their little games will fail. And it may not take too much longer. But, I have a history of BAD short-term timing.

That's why I just BUY gold when I have some money come in. Hey! I just got a debt repayment from Peru! Any suggestions where I go spend the money, my friends?

This is what short covering looks like:

Cartel Dumps 1.5 x US Annual Silver Production on Futures Market in 5 Minutes on NFP Release
In an attempt to flash-smash silver and prevent a weekly close above the critical $35 level, the cartel dumped an estimated 51 MILLION OUNCES of paper silver on the futures market in only 5 minutes on this morning’s non-farm payrolls release between 8:30 and 8:35 AM EST.

Net Dania’s spot silver chart, which is not a precise futures volume measure but approximates the volume, indicates nearly 10,500 contracts were dumped in a span of merely 5 minutes, and half of those were dumped in a span of 2 minutes between 8:30 and 8:32am EST.

silaver-raid.png

Apparently the t 1/2 of silver market intervention of a year and a half’s worth of paper supply is now approximately 30 minutes as silver has retraced the entire smash, and is trading back at $35/oz!

Silver is a runaway train waiting to happen as the pent-up physical demand is simply breath-taking!

We continue to recommend our readers STACK THE SMACK on any significant cartel take-downs, as silver looks like it wants to head MUCH HIGHER in the near future as QE∞ is now a reality.
http://www.silverdoctors.com/cartel...n-futures-market-in-5-minutes-on-nfp-release/

@ ancona, swissaustrian,

You guys sure called this one right! Bashed silver right hard... PAPER silver.

@ PMBug

The LAST thing I need in my life is to have to take care of a boat... "The two happiest days in a boat owner's life: the day you BUY your boat, and the the day you SELL it!"

Last edited:
If you really want to know what it is like to own your own boat but don't have the time to find out, here is how you can -

Stand in your shower fully clothed, turn on the cold water tap and then start stuffing money down the drain.

I can't remember who it was that told me that, but from my boat ownership experience ... it's pretty close to the real thing.

How many times was gold at 1776 last week? Seems like every time I looked a the spot price, it was 1776. Coincidence? Game on!

I agree. the big boys at the top are manipulating the prices. once the fiat and defecite catches up with us they wont be able to hold the price down. silver will shoot up twice as fast as gold

Back
Top Bottom