Recent Premiums

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Just for the helluvit, i went to Apmex and did some ciphering. A bag of 1,000 dollars face of average circulated quarters was 26.55 dollars per ounce of silver. That's a hell of a premium over spot if you ask me. Even junk is climbing much higher in premium value.:silver::flail:

Just for the helluvit, i went to Apmex and did some ciphering. A bag of 1,000 dollars face of average circulated quarters was 26.55 dollars per ounce of silver. That's a hell of a premium over spot if you ask me. Even junk is climbing much higher in premium value.:silver::flail:

As you know, the only way premiums can increase on junk is more demand versus a relatively static supply. Once the demand lessens, the premiums will crash. Since the supply cannot increase, but is slowly decreasing, premiums cannot decline because of increased supply, but over time may slowly increase.

In a month or two, you should see junk back where it was before, at about spot at your LCS. It is just a question of public perception realigning with the "realities" of new lower prices. Sometime after that happens we will have another crash or another wild runup, and public perceptions will again be out of line with what we "know" is "reality."

Premiums for ASE's, Maples etc.

ASE $7.25
Maple 7.95
Kooks 9.00
Junk 6.25

My LCS says as long at the PTB are intent upon slamming silver at their whim, he is simply going to ignore "spot" and derive his premiums from actual real time availability and procurement costs. In fact, he no longer runs a spot ticker, he just posts premiums throughout the day. The quotes above reflect nothing more than a picture in time, since premiums fluctuate from hour to hour on days with big moves. He also told me that Sovereign silver is extremely hard to get in any large quantities right now. He's getting a monster box from time to time, but he used to be able to get ten or fifteen at a time. Places like Apmex he said, are having some problems sourcing metals but it's not as bad for them as it is for the small time guys like himself.

Last edited:
Whoa. Those premiums are out of control. Where do you live?!?!

Guess I should be thankful my LCS (Liberty) has good premiums. Right now, they're:

ASEs are + $3.30
Maples, Philharmonics, Fiji Takus are + $2.45
Buffaloes are + $1.40
Junk is + $3.30

Are you opposed to buying online? Because Monarch has good prices on their generic rounds; Liberty has decent premiums on a limited selection of silver and gold.

Superhero,
Since I largely buy in small lots, using the LCS over Apmex is a push, once I strip out delivery fees and insurance, the mark-up is close.

Back
Top Bottom