Silver premiums going parabolic?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
A big hat tip to Harvey Organ's blog for this little tidbit I lifted:

And now for our premiums to NAV for the funds I follow:

1. Central Fund of Canada: traded to a positive 2.6 percent to NAV in usa funds and a positive 2.9% to NAV for Cdn funds. ( Jan 5 2012.).
2. Sprott silver fund (PSLV): Premium to NAV rose big time to 28.98% to NAV Jan 5. 2012 wow
3. Sprott gold fund (PHYS): premium to NAV rose to a 5.54% positive to NAV Jan 5. 2012). wow

.It looks like many saw the parody clip yesterday whereby Jamie Dimon blew a gasket that Eric Sprott was on the prowl looking for silver.

just take a look at the premium in silver...28.98%.

and take a closer look at the premium in gold...5.54%

physical metal is starting to distance itself from paper.

So, it's starting to look like silver is setting up for a spring runup. I have watched the premiums rise on Ebay since early december to nearly a nine dollar premium on several transactions, and similar action in gold. Could there be a severe shortage that Da Boyz are trying to frantically hide? When I saw how much silver moved around it was pretty awesome, and it looks like [per Harvey] they are putting fires out everywhere now.

Back
Top Bottom