[FULL MOVIE] SHTF movie "Rollover" (1981) predicts worldwide fiat money collapse

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

swissaustrian

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Most of you probably know the movie "Rollover" (1981). It's a thriller which ends in a worldwide fiat money collapse and the re-monetization of pms. Full movie here:

David Morgan analyses the movie here, if you're short on time only watch this:

Here is the part of the movie when the dollar collapses:

Last edited:
Wow!
Good stuff SA.

I need to downloat the whole move and watch it through. I have a vague memory of seeing this as a young man.

Just watched the movie on youtube. Am I the only one that felt no compassion for the protaganist, esp. the Jane Fonda character?

She's a greedy woman who takes her dead husbands wealth and makes a bad bet, risking her fortune for power. She didn't seem to sad about losing her husband and she's too dumb to suspect any foul play regarding the murder. And her wrong assumption of Hub being part of the ploy makes her panic into giving information to the Saudis which triggers the world financial collapse?

Great directing and cinematography though. I'm impressed the movie still holds so much relevance, 30 years later.

Back
Top Bottom