Precious Metals Forum

Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Bunker Talk > BSTS

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2018, 03:07 PM   #21
Ground Beetle

Liked: 489 times
Well I finally got the 80% lower finished. I'm pretty happy with the finished product. A small gouge from where I screwed up as I posted above, but that will be unseen on the finished product.

When I started going through the video, I realized it's going to take me quite a while to edit the video, so I figured I'd post a few pics so you could see the final product at least.

~ 1st 80 Lower Finished - 34 by 11C1P AirborneMortar, on Flickr

~ 1st 80 Lower Finished - 29 by 11C1P AirborneMortar, on Flickr

~ 1st 80 Lower Finished - 8 by 11C1P AirborneMortar, on Flickr

# 1st 80 Lower Finished - 13 by 11C1P AirborneMortar, on Flickr

1st 80 Lower Finished - 41 by 11C1P AirborneMortar, on Flickr

1st 80 Lower Finished - 36 by 11C1P AirborneMortar, on Flickr

1st 80 Lower Finished - 22 by 11C1P AirborneMortar, on Flickr

1st 80 Lower Finished - 21 by 11C1P AirborneMortar, on Flickr
PMBug and BigJim like this.

Last edited by 11C1P; 09-05-2018 at 03:50 PM.
11C1P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:40 AM   #22
Ground Beetle

Finally got the Glock built. Took forever to get a slide I liked without paying a bunch. Messed around with one seller on ebay for about a month, finally gave up & then after Christmas found a new guy selling slides & he was great to work with. Matched the color perfect & even did the bull nose for no extra cost. The pics don't show the colors that great, but I think you can tell they match very well. The stainless thread protector will either get swapped out for a black one or I'll get a cerakoted one as well. Not sure about the barrel, maybe leave it but I would like the chamber area to be subdued, so haven't made up my mind 100% what to do. The first round I fed in was a FTF then a FTE but then I cycled (by hand) most of a mag through no problem. Trigger is HEAVY & has a ton of creep, but that can get fixed fairly easy too. Mags won't drop free, but that's the frame, cause there's nothing I work on in the mag well to screw up. They pull out quite easy, just won't drop free. Not sure when I'll get to test fire, but I feel pretty confident it will function. Might need a bit longer of a break in period than normal though. In the end I've got right about $440 in it. That's with no case or magazines of course, but it does have a threaded barrel.

MVPW - 2 by 11C1P, on Flickr

MVPW - 1 by 11C1P, on Flickr

MVPW - 6 by 11C1P, on Flickr

MVPW - 5 by 11C1P, on Flickr

MVPW - 4 by 11C1P, on Flickr

MVPW - 3 by 11C1P, on Flickr

PMBug likes this.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:06 AM   #23
Golden Cockroach

Liked: 2395 times
It looks tight. The FTF & FTE sound similar to what my acquaintance experienced, but your work looks more polished that what he (my acquaintance) had done. Hope the extra cycling does work out the kinks for you.

I certainly have a deeper respect for the engineering and QC that goes into commercial production of firearms after observing these projects second hand.
11C1P likes this.

Important stuff: PMBug 101 * Forum Guidelines * Support PMBug
PMBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:46 PM   #24
Ground Beetle

Originally Posted by PMBug View Post:
It looks tight. The FTF & FTE sound similar to what my acquaintance experienced, but your work looks more polished that what he (my acquaintance) had done. Hope the extra cycling does work out the kinks for you.

I certainly have a deeper respect for the engineering and QC that goes into commercial production of firearms after observing these projects second hand.

Thanks Bug. Overall I'm pretty happy with the end result, or the end result so far, which is kind of like my home made version of a factory stock gun. I am definitely going to upgrade the trigger once I've confirmed it functions fine with the OEM parts. The bull nose job on the slide makes the frame seem like it's about an 1/8" too long, so I may look at doing something with that as well. The more of these projects I do, that going into them I thought would be pushing the limit of my mechanical skills, the more I'm finding out how relatively simple (for the most part) they are. They are also a lot of fun, for me at least. It just makes me wish I could sell some of my 80% builds, if for no other reason, to help fund the next build/s. I had been debating between a 27 or a 22 for my next build, but it looks like they will be releasing the frames for doing a 20/21 build soon & if so, I may go for building out a 20 as I've I wanted a 10mm since way back in the 80's when I watched "Miami Vice" as a kid. I can hardly wait to introduce my latest build to the wonderful world of boating in deep water.
PMBug likes this.

« PM's as currency | - »