Precious Metals Forum

Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Bunker Talk > BSTS

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2017, 02:41 PM   #21
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
It was on an elevated [18"] slab in a metal sort of box that it came with. Just bad luck I guess.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:38 PM   #22
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 871 times
Hey Ancona

Great to hear from you !
I mean really great to hear from you !!!

A lot of people in Blighty are now using CBD and THC oil and creams to get rid of cancer. The THC as a cream rubbed on externally so you dont have to get all tripped out.

Its a kind of bottom up revolution with illegal growers kicking back bits of less saleable crop to the oil extractors. The law seem to be pretty tolerant of it all.

During your silence here I have seen one friend totally cured when he really should be dead and another who, while curious about cannabis / hemp oils, opted for death by chemo. I am currently watching progress with interest for other friends.

And our little 12 year old terrier dog was diagnosed with two tumors back in March and the vet kinda saying 'get your affairs in order fella' you aint got long and treatment is pointless. So he's been on CBD oil ever since and is doing pretty well for an ancient dog.
We took him back to the vet a couple of weeks back just to annoy him ( the vet )

And my personal view of what triggers cancer ( cos we all have pre cancerous cells lurking ) is compromised immune system and stress .........

So quality food and drink inputs, a few more rants, to get rid of any anger and some CBD oil daily would be my recommendation (-:
ancona likes this.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:05 PM   #23
Yellow Jacket

We're going to have a shit ton of rain this weekend that will cause our canal at the end of our road to flood again, just like it did during the hurricane, and this past weekend. I got three inches in the house on Sunday, and with the canal two and a half feet higher today than it was on Friday last, we're going to see a hell of a lot more water this weekend, maybe as much as six inches. I'm getting ready to start building an ark.

The county got the big idea to put part of that canal in to a double pipe a few years back, creating a bottleneck at a critical point, where a smaller canal dumps in to our big one, which fucks up the whole system and causes major overflow.

Now when we get major rains, there's nowhere for the water to go.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:23 AM   #24
Golden Cockroach

Liked: 2444 times
Well damn. Do you have flood insurance?

Important stuff: PMBug 101 * Forum Guidelines * Support PMBug
PMBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:42 AM   #25
Yellow Jacket

No flood insurance, just hurricane. And that has a big deductible. I have to pay the first three percent of total value of the house plus five large before the insurance kicks in. So that sucks. It's basically catastrophic loss coverage.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:07 AM   #26
Yellow Jacket

My thinking for houses that have a risk of flooding is to build the downstairs as garage /store and upstairs for living i.e. coach house style.
When theres a flood risk, move the vehicles and any stored stuff to higher locations.

Don't try and make the downstairs watertight, build it from porous materials so flood water can filter in and out through the walls.
Keep the doors shut during flooding.
This means you don't get debris, sludge, raw sewerage etc coming in in a rush when the waterproofing is overwhelmed and you don't get hydraulic pressures trying to push walls over.
Use materials that are water tolerant and will dry reasonably quickly with dehumidifiers.

Old mill houses are an example of this approach.
History of flooding, no insurance company interested in insuring, downstairs gets wet, dries out, reoccupied and life goes on.

Here in Blighty they will spend more on fixing a flooded place than it would cost to knock down and rebuild. Then two years later it happens all over again !

I guess eventually they will start building the Coach house style and not putting any fancy finishes onto the walls ......
Old 10-04-2017, 11:11 AM   #27
Yellow Jacket

Ancona

when does the flood risk period end ?
Is it seasonal or is this just a one off event ?

You do seem to be getting more than your share )-:
Old 10-05-2017, 07:38 AM   #28
Yellow Jacket

Our dry season starts middle of November and ends in late March to the beginning of April. Until then, I'm at risk. My house is one story, so we're sitting ducks. Today is rain all day long.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:29 AM   #29
Yellow Jacket

So, we got an inch and a quarter yesterday, and water got halfway up to the front door, but was gone by this morning. Rain is forecast for today and tomorrow though. Also, there is a hurricane coming along the west coast this weekend, and we'll be on the dirty side of the storm, although I think we will be far enough away that the storm should be pulling the moisture away, rather than tossing it at us.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:17 AM   #30
Golden Cockroach

Wishing you the best, as always. Have you ever looked into one of those water dams?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hanks-dam.html

Old 10-10-2017, 07:45 AM   #31
Yellow Jacket

I actually did. Man they are EXPENSIVE!!! To go all the way around my house with ten or twelve feet of room all the way around would cost me around twenty five grand for one that stands eight feet high.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:36 AM   #32
Golden Cockroach

Wow! I guess that's why they aren't ubiquitous.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:01 PM   #33
Yellow Jacket

So how quickly has your area recovered from the last hurricane Ancona ?
And what was your total damage ?
Was it just the tree falling onto the generator housing ?
Are you going to do any alterations to meet future weather challenges ?

And what happened to your favourite neighbours, the ones whose house you hoped to buy once they had trashed it ?
Old 10-23-2017, 05:09 PM   #34
Yellow Jacket

Quote :
A lot of people in Blighty are now using CBD and THC oil and creams to get rid of cancer. The THC as a cream rubbed on externally so you dont have to get all tripped out.

Its a kind of bottom up revolution ......
Well we were given some THC cream the other day and I was looking forward to trying it out on my aches and pains but my Good Lady got to it first and decided those odd little growths around her horses arsehole might be cancerous, so she started dosing it up there.
Now it takes more than one (gloved up) finger of dosage to to the job so I have a difficult choice, accept some horsey 'material' had got into the cream or wait for another batch to be made ........ (-: