Interesting idea

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

On a quick scan, that's a lot closer to my own take on things than most of what you hear out there from the various factions of preppers of various kinds. Rather than ask "are we there yet" it makes more sense to me to deal with "here we are" right now.

Unfortunately, reality is complex, and really doesn't fit well with the one-idea extremists. When you just look at the facts, as dispassionately as possible, the one-idea crowd is more among those who "don't get it" than the sheep are - at least the sheep can be led. And pointing that one out makes one unpopular, more often than not.

This fits in well with my theory that people have lazy brains and don't want to learn to think, just be told what to think - preferably in words of single syllables or less. They will of course get what they deserve - but the trick is not going down the tubes alongside them, the undertow is serious business.

Could it be that riches, leading to complacency and laziness, is self-curing?

Good article Benjamen

managed decline is all they can do for the peeps and we see it happening all around us.
As long as the rate is slow enough, it is accepted, even by those who are aware of what is happening.

Just wondering how they are able to delay it so effectively here in the UK though,
or is this thought actually an observation on how effective the managed decline is ?

i amost used that phrase PMB but it implies a point at which all frog life will cease.

bacteria on the petri dish might be more appropriate .........

Interesting article, and spot on as well. I see it every day in the form of closing businesses, lines at the unemployment office, which has been given the name "Workforce Florida". When you go to the grocery store, more and more people are using the ubiquitous EBT cards to pay, and even more are going without some of the things they used to have as a result of lower wages versus rising food prices. It truly is just a matter of time now.

Has anyone given thought to international employment? I have been contemplating taking a job elsewhere.

Possible advantages:
1) Give me a better perspective of how good/bad the U.S. is compared to other countries
2) Paid in my choice of fiat currency (possibly good)
3) Perhaps aquire a second passport?
4) Sovereign Man idea of citizen of country A, money resides in country B, I reside in country C
http://www.sovereignman.com/

I've thought about working overseas at some point, or at least for a company that operates internationally so that the option would be there in the future. Besides seeing different places and all that, it gives you some roots in other place that may come in handy. Working for an employer that operates in multiple countries can greatly come in handy, from already having a job to company assistance with the move.

Hello,
I am a longtime lurker a this site and this article crystalized some of what I have been feeling in my own experince.
Especially interesting is the authors take on rural vs. Urban colapse. I was born and raised in a postcard perfect Norman Rockwell small town in the great north woods and ended up living in the big bad city (Chicago). I have always planned to return to the family homestead in case of shtf, on a drinkable lake, good hunting/fishing, wood heat, plenty of timber, etc. This is still my plan but funny thing seems to be happening.
I have never felt safer or more free from crime then I do right now in Chicago. At the same time, my little personal slice of rural america has gotten much more dangerous. A little old lady was killed for her Oxy, and home breakins are now a serios issue. Long term, I would still like to be on the family homestead, but how long is that term? It increasingly seem we are going to end with ice and not with fire.
Just my two cents. I love this site.

Welcome to the party ID. :wave:

Am I correct in guessing your Norman Rockwell town is in the gun rights hating state of Illinois?

Welcome to the party ID. :wave:

Am I correct in guessing your Norman Rockwell town is in the gun rights hating state of Illinois?

Thanks. But no my little town is in a much more wide open gun state...So, I have narrowed that down one of 49.

Welcome aboard ID

regarding your picture postcard town, the great north wood could be a clue .......

not one o them sweaty sand states i reckon
so thats whittles it down further.
West of Chicago is my guess.

Interesting your observations on how safe you feel in a big city, yet the fear of crime is increasing out in the sticks.
Goes against most discussion and reporting and has me asking what is different for you and presumably others, in Chicago ?

Back
Top Bottom