LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 671 times
When they come for your guns...

good read:

quote:
And, to you tough-talking Neo-Cons with your AR-15 rifles and a few thousand rounds of ammo, here is reality: they will take your guns, and no, all your Second Amendment bluster aside, you are not going to do anything about it. You are not going to take on a platoon of Marines with state of the art automatic weapons and the best body armor you cannot buy protected by armed personnel carriers and attack helicopters unless you choose to die that day -- for nothing.

You will either be in the country or out, and if you are in, you will stay in and you will comply.

http://www.dollarvigilante.com/blog/...them-over.html

edited at 2:03 to add: make sure to read the comments afterwards

Last edited by Jay; 08-02-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 1233 times
I've been attacked by the DEA, I know just what it's like, and nope, war (of any kind) is about money, and they won't bring the attack helo's and related, because it's not cost effective, and believe me, they don't need it to intimidate you enough. They might bring something fancy if you were a tough talking militia in an ignorant compound type situation - which history has shown to be a really dumb thing to be.

They might come for my guns, and they can have the ones they find. That won't be all or even perhaps the best of them...I know how to go limp and de-fuse a situation, and besides - the armor isn't as good on the back as it is on the front!

The danger is that they do it small, local, and not enough to get everyone else up in arms and warned properly. They cannot and will not kill much of the population over something like that - and remember, the military takes an oath to the constitution, unlike cops and obviously, our lawmakers. Many of them take that oath quite seriously, and I really doubt they wind up being the enemies of we civvies.
ancona likes this.
DCFusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
Predaceous stink bug

Liked: 78 times
Do gun owners have boating accidents like PM holders? Or do they stay away from the water?
ancona and rblong2us like this.
Shelby-villian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
KMS

Liked: 119 times
TDV can leave and coach from the sidelines if they want. They'd just get in the way.

Editing to say that, there are a lot of veteran types like myself. Plenty of us not killing ourselves on a daily basis. Guess I got out before they started giving guys a 'eat your gun' vaccination that seems to be going wrong. I wouldn't want to leave the job of cleaning up a mess like a reset in the U.S.A. to guys like the author anyway. The guy is a fucking union lawyer for Christ's sake. No offense to any lawyers here, but leaving the hard decisions up to lawyers and law makers is what got us here.
– Ernest Hemingway

If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it - Mark Twain

Last edited by KMS; 08-02-2012 at 03:30 PM.
KMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
Just like DC said, they can have the ones they find. I think [with all due respect of course] that you seriously underestimate the tenacity and will of the small percentage of Americans who are willing to stand up for their rights. Will I take on an armed platoon? No, that would be suicidal and I'm just not that tough. Would I do like the Parthians and slip in, give them an irritating mosquito bite and a shot over the shoulder while running away? Yes.

The very worst thing our government could do is raise the ire of gun owners in America. We own more guns collectively than our entire military does. Period. There are nearly a hundred million rifles and hand guns in private hands. The military simply does not have the manpower to confiscate all of them. Although many will simply bend over and take it up the ass, many more will not.

Count me in the latter group.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #6
Jay
Yellow Jacket

which is why I went back and edited the first statement and said read the comments. It seems most folks are NOT going to roll over and give up their guns if the comments are to be believed. (I hope).

but its all moot as I would never own a gun anyway, they are evil dangerous things that have no purpose in our society/ sarc off

Last edited by Jay; 08-02-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:41 AM   #7
KMS

Liked: 119 times
I did read a few of them before I posted originally. The more I read the more irritated it made me. I swear some people just shouldn't be published. If he was being devil's advocate to try and reach a certain audience to motivate them, I sure wish he'd said that. Instead he spouted off about how everyone should run away, and if you didn't he is predetermining that you will just be a statistic. Yes, if the world comes to that, there will be a lot of statistics. This guy, to me, is the kind of guy that can't handle the truth.
– Ernest Hemingway

If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it - Mark Twain
KMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #8
Yellow Jacket

Gun owners have other kinds of accidents. Accidental burial in sealed PVC pipe - lost the map, theft, sold my guns to ??? for cash, things like that. Even battle-hardened veterans have some of these accidents, and many happen to think as we do.

I wouldn't fear the military other than some over-indoctrinated rogue group - that's always possible of course. They took their job in the first place for a spectrum of different reasons than cops and FBI types who really do seem to think of themselves as individual "gods of you and what's right and wrong". I don't get that vibe, even a little, from vets or active duty military - I've been meeting a lot of them on G+, as fresh civvies, and they are as WTF about what's going on in government as any of us are. And some have mentioned that oath to the constitution without being prompted, they really do take that seriously in the main.

The thing is - if they can't get all of them almost overnight, the first few incidents will warn the rest of us - perhaps the reason for wanting that internet kill switch? Not that it will work...many of us are smart enough to realize what any sudden news lockdown would imply and would be ready.

Their trick of tactically and locally outnumbering you by surprise only works if no one is ready and warned. Obviously, since they are a fraction of us, they can't do this to everyone at once either. This is why you stay under the radar so as not to be one of the first they go after.

Talking tough and building a barbed wire compound is the opposite of that - and very pointless. I've met Randy Weaver (ruby ridge), and we know what happened at Waco. Yet there's another militia in the middle of the US that even has a working tank - but they don't talk trash and are left alone as "mostly harmless". For once, there's an advantage to being among the mostly-faceless, nothing special going on here, these aren't the droids you're looking for, type. Sure take the couple guns you can see hanging on the wall...grinning, sitting on my sack of seeds. Talk to you later.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent" - and yes, you can take that more than one way.
KMS likes this.

Last edited by DCFusor; 08-03-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:39 AM   #9
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 871 times
Originally Posted by Shelby-villian View Post:
Do gun owners have boating accidents like PM holders? Or do they stay away from the water?
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...9QEwAQ&dur=547
Old 08-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #10
Yellow Jacket

The problem is, after I lose my guns, I console myself by going out on a boat to see how my PM's look in the glinty sunshine off the water...
Old 08-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #11
Super Moderator

Liked: 685 times
"...throughout history, of course, disarmament is always a necessary precursor to totalitarianism and the eventual mass slaughter of target groups. In fact, arms in the hands of citizens are often the final barrier to complete enslavement and even extermination."

"...many of the guns confiscated from whites by officials have later been found at the gruesome murder scenes of white farmers"

http://thenewamerican.com/world-news...unist-takeover

Never free.

PMBug 101 *** Forum Rules
benjamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #12
Jay
Yellow Jacket

hmmm... witness reports of multiple shooters in Aurora.

Now witness reports of multiple shooters at the sihk church...

so should we start expecting a mass shooting every week until the evil guns are outlawed?
Old 08-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #13
Predaceous stink bug

Liked: 42 times
The method will be to is tax hell out of weapons and ammo, next, manipulate the insurance force, making it impossible to own a weapon and still be insured. They'll do something sneaky like that. Trouble is, it's already here and as one of the founding father's stated, as long as the atrocities are tolerable, we'll do nothing about it. And we're not. We hit "like" if we agree on Facebook, but that's all the balls I've seen anyone have. The greatest patriots are those civilian militia units the media pokes fun at. The ones they label as "redneck", "terrorist", or "hate group". If you don't band together, you're an individual and can do nothing.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #14
Yellow Jacket

That's what they do already for class III weapons (anything full auto) as the first ban they tried got tossed out of the supreme court.

I'm not so sure about banding together, actually. At least not obviously - perhaps a few back channel comms between "cells" would be good, but any obvious band just makes themselves a target - one grenade gets you all (or one pass with a warthog).

The idea that one person can do nothing is defeatist. In the end, it's always one person that is the critical turning point. One person started "Fast and Furious" for example, one started the DHS...and so on. Ideas matter.

I do tend to agree about the lack of balls in society at large, but that changes very quickly when people figure out there's little or nothing to lose - as they say, that's freedom. For most people, that seems to be about 2-3 missed meals. And that could very well happen to a lot more people who never have missed even one before than has ever been seen in modern times.

One reason OWS was so hard to shut down is it didn't have a leadership hierarchy.
It finally took enough bad weather.

Cops infiltrating this (which itself was illegal - they were doing nothing wrong) made them all laugh by constantly asking who is the leader - so they could "remove the head of the snake". Finding out there wasn't one really messed them up.

We should learn from that.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #15
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 871 times
the difference between Power and Force

true power is like Ghandi's stand against the colonial occupier. It requires no more that an idea that is 'right' for its time. It does not require a heirarchy, or rools, or enforcers of said rools.

Force is the opposite and begets more force as it tries to build.
It ultimately collapses under its own weight as Power will eventually overcome Force.

A current example ( that i predicted 5 years ago ) is - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aung_San_Suu_Kyi
She is truly Awesome and a perfect example of Power !

And recall how the Falun Gong terrified the Chinese Enforceers -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...gong-crackdown

This movement continues unabated and cannot be stopped.

ooommmmmmmmm
Old 08-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #16
Jay
Yellow Jacket

did anyone see the DHS added to their ammo arsenal today?

Homeland Security Orders 1.2 Billion Rounds Of Ammo :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnunX...ature=youtu.be
Old 08-14-2012, 07:10 AM   #17
Predaceous stink bug

Liked: 42 times
I, for one, will be the first to die in our governments war to enslave those individuals not somehow attached to the government's "elite". But I will take some with me. I was raised in a time when we were taught about little incidents like the "Revolutionary War", "War of Northern Aggression", etc... I believe freedom is worth dying for. With this, I mean, make the person who wants to chip away at my freedom die. The time for using the electoral system to address our issues has now passed. Case in point: We have now been told that you will NOT get from Social Security what you've paid in to it, yet the government can vote themselves raises. Anyone care to comment? Anyone care to do anything about it? I thought so. The end of (the individual American's) freedom is at hand. Whether you care to accept it or not. click "Like" if you agree.
rblong2us and Jay like this.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #18
Yellow Jacket

I've been uncertain whether to even pen this one. "Give me 6 lines written by the most virtuous, and I'll find a way to hang them" comes to mind.

If you think things are really already that bad (and I won't put up an argument they're not), and feel as you do, what are you waiting for? The rest of us? Them to come for you specifically so you can only take some low-level grunts with you? I sense serious cognitive dissonance here.

IOW, sniper training, at least most of it, can be done even by an older guy, we know who are creating the problems...And it isn't mostly the low level law enforcement type grunts.

Damn, I didn't say that in my out-loud voice, did I? Burn before reading.
Jay likes this.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #19
Ground Beetle

Liked: 306 times
Simo Hayha, hardcore sniper: http://www.cracked.com/article_17019...ike-pussy.html

"Over the course of 100 days, Hayha killed 542 people with his rifle. He took out another 150 or so with his SMG, sending his credited kill-count up to 705."

H. L. Mencken

comparegoldandsilverprices.com

Last edited by mike; 08-14-2012 at 09:27 AM.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #20
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Originally Posted by DCFusor View Post:
I've been uncertain whether to even pen this one. "Give me 6 lines written by the most virtuous, and I'll find a way to hang them" comes to mind.

If you think things are really already that bad (and I won't put up an argument they're not), and feel as you do, what are you waiting for? The rest of us? Them to come for you specifically so you can only take some low-level grunts with you? I sense serious cognitive dissonance here.

IOW, sniper training, at least most of it, can be done even by an older guy, we know who are creating the problems...And it isn't mostly the low level law enforcement type grunts.

Damn, I didn't say that in my out-loud voice, did I? Burn before reading.
I know some guys from Blackwater like this but they don't talk about anything. And to send chills down my spine, I was riding to a nearby town with one one day and suddenly he looked at me and said, "you know, I've only met two guys in my life I would trust". And I knew I certainly wasn't one of them....