16 People On Things They Couldn’t Believe About America Until They Moved Here

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

1. Rakib Islam
I am originally from Bangladesh and here are a few things that I find hard to explain to peeps back home.
* By and large, people do not carry cash.

2. Triya Bhattacharya
... I’ll mention that I’m from India and that I’m writing from an Indian point of view, and what struck me as unusual based on what notions I’d built up after watching so much Hollywood and TV series.
Cashless Society – Coming from India, where we just need cash because cards are not accepted at most places, I was really surprised by the cashless system in the US. Every place accepts credit cards. Even a small picnic I went to, which had an entry fee, had some sort of mobile app and a device attached to accept credit cards. It was amazing.

I can't believe it either and I've lived here almost my whole life.

Nice read Jay. Would have been nice to have had that before Thanksgiving. Good fodder for conversation and introspection.

I can say that having been to many places around the world that I may have had similar discussions with my family upon returning home, describing the radical differences between our country and another.

Asia is a completely different society than ours in nearly every respect. Oceania is also quite foreign to me [us].

Europe is as close as we probably come to having similar societal behaviors and customs, yet there are large swaths of Europe that do not act as we do. Particularly southern Europe. I am sure DoChen will agree with this assessment.

The observations however, are interesting.

two things I remember when Bing first came in the country. I was working hospice in a nursing home. She was disgusted with the concept of nursing homes and when I quit a job, she completely freaked out and noted that now we were going to starve to death. Same again when we moved to Texas from Florida.

Back
Top Bottom