another aunt- maybe some advice on this one-

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
so recall- a prior thread on 2 aunts out of state- the outcome was my cousin cut off all contact with my sister and myself. In a way I regret getting close to her. On the other hand- she has deleted pretty much all the cousins.

Now onto my aunt Debbie.

She is from PA. No one has seen her in YEARs. This would be my moms cousin- she has 2 sisters- and both are lovely ladies- I like them alot. The one Jane- is on fb as well as her daughters- the other is not- but was a big help when I had some trouble some years ago.

So Debbies parents are both deceased.

It bothers me- that no one has seen her- no one has any idea what happened to her.

It is rare for someone to up and go - in this are.

I last seen her 35 years ago. She took me for drives- showed me her work strike- had me to dinner. I was 12 or so.

Shortly after that- I heard she dating a guy who had her use valium.

For a long time- I thought- so what- we all have poked around with pills or the like.

She might have been upset over her moms death- her mom died in my grams arms out on her front porch.

So- advice- what questions should I be asking and to whom?

No one just dis-appears for over 30 years. I know she was in favor of the strike- and little did I know I went on to work in the same type of plant that she did.

I am sure it bothers her 2 sisters and my cousins on my moms side.

So I dont want to make things worse by prying.

Yes- there are some that want to get out of a small town- but most come back when they see how a big city is. And if they dont come back- they keep in touch to let everyone know how successful and happy they are.

Your thoughts?

I don't understand the question. Are you about to see/meet someone you haven't had contact with in over 30 years? Or are you wanting to play detective and track her down?

If the former, just speak from the heart. If the latter - I can't really give you guidance. Sometimes it's best to let sleeping dogs lie.

It most likely would hinge on what her sisters want. Since they are next of kin.

Back
Top Bottom