another downgrade

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

“We strongly denounce the Secret Service for consorting with prostitutes, which has traditionally been Congress’s role.”

:clap:

2w4cwuq.jpg

Ahhhhh prostitution! It is by far the best of the best! "You've got it.......you sell it.......you've still got it!

Ahhhhh prostitution! It is by far the best of the best! "You've got it.......you sell it.......you've still got it!

The negative emotional and psychological impact of selling one's body is well documented.

so is it different for bricklayers and lineworkers or child labourers in the sweat shops ?

I'd argue it is. There is a substantial difference psychologically. I'm not talking about it from a moral perspective if that's what you are getting at.

I'd argue it is. There is a substantial difference psychologically. I'm not talking about it from a moral perspective if that's what you are getting at.

If you were brought up in a society where many of your peers became sex workers or you graduated into it from being 'easy' at school, rather than a desparate mother trying to feed her children, the psychological effects would likely be different.

As they would for an ex bank manager forced to work for a minimum wage shovelling shit.

More about expectations ?

Music business is even better - you steal it, sell it, still have it. Or better, claim someone else stole it, charge them for it, still have it. Then sell it in each new media in turn, still have it - but suckers buy vinyl, then 8 track, then CD, then...sell that same stuff 10 times, still have it. Prostitutes get old...

Ever seen a recording contract? I have. You'll never get close till you were fairly successful anyway, and they of course charge you for recording, advertising, and so on, all with "hollywood accounting" such that you wind up owing them your advance anyway, and only make money on tours. My band looked at the contract and said no way, did fine anyway. Frank Zappa had a lot to say about hollywood accounting and was self published for good reasons.

"I'm going to kill my brother and claim your brother did it and then kill you..." HHGTTG

There is not just an emotional and psychological impact involved in prostitution, but a spiritual one as well.

Proverbs 5:1-23
1 My son, attend unto my wisdom, and bow thine ear to my understanding:
2 That thou mayest regard discretion, and that thy lips may keep knowledge.
3 For the lips of a strange woman drop as an honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil:
4 But her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a twoedged sword.
5 Her feet go down to death; her steps take hold on hell.
6 Lest thou shouldest ponder the path of life, her ways are moveable, that thou canst not know them.
7 Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth.
8 Remove thy way far from her, and come not nigh the door of her house:
9 Lest thou give thine honour unto others, and thy years unto the cruel:
10 Lest strangers be filled with thy wealth; and thy labours be in the house of a stranger;
11 And thou mourn at the last, when thy flesh and thy body are consumed,
12 And say, How have I hated instruction, and my heart despised reproof;
13 And have not obeyed the voice of my teachers, nor inclined mine ear to them that instructed me!
14 I was almost in all evil in the midst of the congregation and assembly.
15 Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine own well.
16 Let thy fountains be dispersed abroad, and rivers of waters in the streets.
17 Let them be only thine own, and not strangers' with thee.
18 Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.
19 Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.
20 And why wilt thou, my son, be ravished with a strange woman, and embrace the bosom of a stranger?
21 For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and he pondereth all his goings.
22 His own iniquities shall take the wicked himself, and he shall be holden with the cords of his sins.
23 He shall die without instruction; and in the greatness of his folly he shall go astray.

Back
Top Bottom