Another job well done

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

mike

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
This is an actual conversation I had with my kids (9 year-old daughter, 10 year-old son) at the dinner table the other day.

ME: Guys, please eat some vegetables.

SON: But I don't like 'em.

DAUGHTER: You can't force me. That's coercion!!!!!

lol. Kids can be smart at the most inconvenient times.

I used force, as both mine just wouldnt eat at some point and got thin and unhealthy looking.

I dont think they approved )-:

Mashed potato in the ear ....... just what exactly did it achieve ?

Trouble is, once you say they must do something, if you dont back it up with some kind of sanction in the event they refuse, they soon realise your words are empty.

On reflection, I think there was a lot less discussion after the showdown and food was eaten.

I thought it was so funny because my daughter doesn't seem to pay attention so much when I talk about how the gov uses coercion to extract taxes, but I guess nothing gets by her. Also, hearing a nine-year-old, who has grown up in Sweden, use the word "coercion" correctly, with such ferocity... it caught me by surprise. It still makes me smile when I think about it <3

Back
Top Bottom