• 1 Post By DoChenRollingBearing
  • 1 Post By ancona
  • 1 Post By bushi

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
PM Bug Supporter

Liked: 691 times
Antifragile: N N Taleb's New Book

At the risk of antagonizing Brother Ancona (peace be unto you, o prophetic one), I invite one and all here to:

1) Buy Nassim Nicholas Taleb's new book Antifragile, he is the author of the very influential The Black Swan (2007). Buy it and read it! ASAP! And, YES, I mean >>>YOU!<<<

and/or

2) Visit my blog to discuss some of the ideas that I will explore in the coming days/weeks (Taleb's work is dense, but very approachable). Like many worthwhile concepts, his ideas cannot be explained very well in just a few words.

http://tinyurl.com/d2fb2ox

Come join me on this journey! It will take some time for me to read and properly digest what he writes. Many of you are very bright (dare I say more so than me? Yes!!), and I welcome exchange of opinions and comments.

ancona likes this.
DoChenRollingBearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
Originally Posted by DoChenRollingBearing View Post:

At the risk of antagonizing Brother Ancona (peace be unto you, o prophetic one), I invite one and all here to:

1) Buy Nassim Nicholas Taleb's new book Antifragile, he is the author of the very influential The Black Swan (2007). Buy it and read it! ASAP! And, YES, I mean >>>YOU!<<<

and/or

2) Visit my blog to discuss some of the ideas that I will explore in the coming days/weeks (Taleb's work is dense, but very approachable). Like many worthwhile concepts, his ideas cannot be explained very well in just a few words.

*BTW*
I am completely tore up, therefore anything posted between now and probably ten or so tomorrow should likely be moot..........I'm just 'sayin. BTW,
Thank God for IEspell.

http://tinyurl.com/d2fb2ox

Come join me on this journey! It will take some time for me to read and properly digest what he writes. Many of you are very bright (dare I say more so than me? Yes!!), and I welcome exchange of opinions and comments.

Brother Bearing.
I would certainly hope that you would know by now that I wear bear skin and cannot be insulted by mere words. That said, I say I will certainly download an e-copy and read it

That said, I would further state that anything Taleb prints it prophetic and should be required reading by T. Geithner and B. Berspanky.

Right this minute, I would also say with supreme confidence that I have had far to much very old scotch to accurately address nearly anything, which I suspect makes me an expert at nearly nothing. ; - )

Last edited by ancona; 12-29-2012 at 07:26 PM.
ancona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:34 AM   #3
Ground Beetle

Liked: 554 times
Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
I would also say with supreme confidence that I have had far to much very old scotch to accurately address nearly anything, which I suspect makes me an expert at nearly nothing. ; - )
...it is another way around, ancona-having ingested enough alcohol, makes one expert in eVERythiNG Apparently, you haven't had enough yet, by Polish standards

cheers

(and all the best & Happy New Year- we get through Mayan end of days, so there's a chance we will get through anything now!)
PMBug likes this.