it can be a crime to "imagine"

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
To even ‘imagine’ toppling Queen illegal
British monarch Queen Elizabeth II

To even “imagine” toppling the Queen or the abolition of the monarchy both remain punishable by life imprisonment in each and every country under the reign of the Queen, particularly in the UK, local media report.

This came after the UK Ministry of Justice was left embarrassed following the announcement that a list of 309 offences due to be repealed before May mistakenly included a call for the abolition of the monarchy.

The government was quick to reiterate that it is still illegal to even “imagine” so and one that imagined so could be imprisoned for life.

To imagine deposing the Crown or waging war against the Queen is still theoretically punishable by lifetime jail, although nobody has been prosecuted under the law since 1897, it has been claimed.

A routine notice from the Home Office had suggested that Section 3 of the Treason Felony Act h1848 had been repealed.

Following the announcement, campaign group Republic said it welcomed the news that a law banning public calls for the abolition of the monarchy had been scrapped.

“ ... we have long called for the repeal of this law and we are pleased that parliament now formally acknowledges that republicanism is a legitimate and mainstream point of view ... we have repeatedly publically and unequivocally called for the abolition of the monarchy without any legal threat,” said Republic’s spokesperson Graham Smith..

However, the Ministry of Justice said embarrassingly that it has been a mistake to announce that the law is scrapped, reiterating that republicanism still carries the title of crime punishable by life in prison.

The monarchy in Britain is not only an unaccountable, totalitarian and expensive entity, but it also is a hereditary institution within which the Queen and her family cannot be held to account at the ballot box.

MOL/NN/SL

isn't our administration working on some kind of thought crime law, targeting people in advance for potential crimes? Seems like I read something about that...

The Treason Act 1534 states :

If any person or persons, after the first day of February next coming, do maliciously wish, will or desire, by words or writing, or by craft imagine, invent, practise, or attempt any bodily harm to be done or committed to the king's most royal person, the queen's, or their heirs apparent, or to deprive them or any of them of their dignity, title, or name of their royal estates ...
That then every such person and persons so offending ... shall have and suffer such pains of death and other penalties, as is limited and accustomed in cases of high treason.

Why would anyone feel the need to change anything ? (-;

The Obama administration has senators working on a bill to abolish the death penalty for treason. I think they are doing so because they know what will happen when Republicans take the senate in '14 and the presidency in '16. the shovels will be distributed, the 'shit will be dug up', and the heads will begin to roll.

oh- you mean like how he went after bush and cheny? /sarcasm

The Obama administration has senators working on a bill to abolish the death penalty for treason. I think they are doing so because they know what will happen when Republicans take the senate in '14 and the presidency in '16. the shovels will be distributed, the 'shit will be dug up', and the heads will begin to roll.

<LOL>

Penn, you must understand that, according to Lyndon LaRouche, that everything that ails us it is NOT the Jews' fault.

It is the Queen of England's (Elizabeth II) fault.

I would remind everyone of how credible Lyndon LaRouche is. He was calling for MORE nuclear power... Whoops, I guess no one will listen to him now...

</LOL>

larouche is big on NWAPA (a water project) and glass steagull.

Take what you can use of the experts and disregard what you cant.

So, who is in charge of the pre-crime unit? Remember Minority Report with Tom Cruise? That's where we're headed. When we permit our government to make determinations based upon "science" that says they can predict future behavior based upon a computer profile, we had better be ready to spend time in a political prison. On the basis of thoughts alone, I would spend the next thousand years in jail for crimes that I only ever thought about.

Government is out of control folks. It's just a matter of time before we're rounded up like cattle and "dispositioned". Pretty soon it will be a crime to be homeless.......oh.....wait a minute...

on the other hand the local murder trial - could end up with a need to raise property taxes. It would be cheaper to just hang the 2 culpirits.

<LOL>

Penn, you must understand that, according to Lyndon LaRouche, that everything that ails us it is NOT the Jews' fault.

It is the Queen of England's (Elizabeth II) fault.

I would remind everyone of how credible Lyndon LaRouche is. He was calling for MORE nuclear power... Whoops, I guess no one will listen to him now...

</LOL>

Oddly enough, the English Monarchy continues today in an unbroken string of Kings and Queens all the way back to King David of ancient Israel. The Queen of England can trace her lineage directly back to David via several lines.

King David was descended from the patriarch Judah (making him a hereditary Jew), was a member of the tribe of Judah (making him a national Jew), and practiced the religion of the Jews (making him a religious Jew). All of his descendants, including the Queen of England, are therefore also hereditary Jews, even though most are not religious Jews nor national Jews.

Unless her mother was/is a Jew, then she can only claim ancestry, not lineage. Judaism is matriarchal, therefore the mother is the key. For instance, my mother was a Jew, therefore technically, I have the right of return and could conceivably receive an Israeli passport. The likelihood of that happening is zero, therefore moot, however it should be mentioned to help dispel some of the misunderstandings between ancestry and simple attachment through a blood line or marriage.

Back
Top Bottom