Crazy weather today

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Well, we're going to have some powerful storms today as two systems collide over the center of Florida. One is in the Gulf, already showing heavy supercell formation, and the other is moving up from the southwest. When these storms collide, we may end up on auxilliary power for the rest of the day. When we get a stiff breeze in my area, the power drops out, because FPL does a shit job of cutting back tree growth from the lines.

We'll see though, since this thing is expected to roll through my area around 4 - 4"30 today. Should be interesting anyway.

After two incredibly dry months in the UK, we finally have the weather pattern we would normally see in April. Windy, with heavy showers and sunny intervals.

But the whole of the bottom half of England is now officially suffering a drought and has water restrictions. Unheard of for April.

Perfect weather for getting that 'green screen' up in front of bunker 3,
which now has its first service connected ..... water (-;

Almost all the snow is gone! Just some left in the shady sides of the roads. However, still lots up in the hills, so now the 'real' snowmobiling season starts!

Upstate NY, east of the great lakes... The only place where you can experience winter, spring and summer all in one day. If you don't like the weather here, just hang around, it will change...

We've already had a bout of "sure is nice to have AC now" but today and yesterday - had to start a fire in the stove, as it was too cold for too long to use up the propane on, gheez, it's like 40 F out there with a stiff wind. Paybacks for that fairly warm winter and early advent of warm, I guess, but a real shocker here.

Ya, today was downright cold when I got up. The thermometer fell to a freezing cold 56 degrees here in Coicoa, and will only climb to about 72 today. Late in the week we are supposed to rebound back up in to the mid eighties or so.

BTW, all that rain actually split at a line roughly between Sebastian and Palm bay, then resumed at a line somewhere above Scottsmoor, meaning we got nearly zero rain, while parts of west Florida got as much as six inches of badly needed H2O

Back
Top Bottom