Created Currencies … are NOT GOLD!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Jay

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
easy read:

If I am playing Monopoly and I change the rules to allow me, and only me, to add $85,000 to my stack of money, it seems likely I will “win” and own more property. Eventually, no one will want to play with me because I created $85,000 of fraudulent Monopoly money.

If I am a central banker and I create $85,000,000,000 every month to buy bonds, I will own lots of bonds in a few years. People will eventually realize my $85,000,000,000 per month gives me and my friends an unfair advantage and most others will refuse to play with me except when necessary, and they will certainly seek other “games” that are more fair and less slanted toward the player who can create boatloads of currency from nothing.

http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1381327200.php

With the current congressional gridlock, and the 17th of October rapidly approaching, expect to see far more drama and far more nations bailing on T-bills.

With the current congressional gridlock, and the 17th of October rapidly approaching, expect to see far more drama and far more nations bailing on T-bills.

We are obviously going to keep raising the debt ceiling and borrowing money we can't pay back, so this short term melodrama will end soon, and nothing much is going to change. It's like watching a circus act where the guy spinning the plates keeps adding more and more, and surely he's going to drop one, and the whole thing will come crashing down, but no, he adds another one and keeps spinning and spinning....

Back
Top Bottom