Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By PMBug
  • 3 Post By white&yellow999

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
Golden Cockroach

Liked: 2455 times
Cool CSB: Caine's Arcade

It's easy to get lost in a haze of frustration watching political and macro economic news. Here's a touching story that provides some much needed (for me at least) perspective:

Important stuff: PMBug 101 * Forum Guidelines * Support PMBug
PMBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 1233 times
How right you are PMBug. That one produced the correct type of tears. Awesome!
DCFusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #3
Predaceous stink bug

Liked: 98 times
Great post PMBug! When I was growing up there were a couple of us in the nieghborhood that were always trying to find ways to make money... probably to buy nintendo games, bike parts, candy or sometimes save it for something; it wasn't as creative but we would cut grass, rake leaves, wash cars, sell homeade ice cream and lemonade, and shovel driveways when it snows trying to make a buck, I don't see kids today out there doing that stuff anymore. I guess they are too worried about thier facebook status and what's on the TV. Glad to see some creative ambition in this kid.
dontdeBasemebro, ancona and bushi like this.
white&yellow999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
Originally Posted by white&yellow999 View Post:
Great post PMBug! When I was growing up there were a couple of us in the nieghborhood that were always trying to find ways to make money... probably to buy nintendo games, bike parts, candy or sometimes save it for something; it wasn't as creative but we would cut grass, rake leaves, wash cars, sell homeade ice cream and lemonade, and shovel driveways when it snows trying to make a buck, I don't see kids today out there doing that stuff anymore. I guess they are too worried about thier facebook status and what's on the TV. Glad to see some creative ambition in this kid.
When I was a kid, personal computers didn't exist, and the ship that took the astronauts to the moon had less computing power than my phone by six orders of magnitude. My fucking camera has more power than theyt did then. Back in the sixties and early seventies it wass all done completely on balls and luck.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #5

Liked: 280 times
Originally Posted by white&yellow999 View Post:
I'm still trying to scrape money together to buy bike parts! (A Fusorian Project is in work...)
dontdeBasemebro is offline   Reply With Quote