CSB: Caine's Arcade

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
It's easy to get lost in a haze of frustration watching political and macro economic news. Here's a touching story that provides some much needed (for me at least) perspective:

:mrt:

Last edited:
Great post PMBug! When I was growing up there were a couple of us in the nieghborhood that were always trying to find ways to make money... probably to buy nintendo games, bike parts, candy or sometimes save it for something; it wasn't as creative but we would cut grass, rake leaves, wash cars, sell homeade ice cream and lemonade, and shovel driveways when it snows trying to make a buck, I don't see kids today out there doing that stuff anymore. I guess they are too worried about thier facebook status and what's on the TV. Glad to see some creative ambition in this kid.

Great post PMBug! When I was growing up there were a couple of us in the nieghborhood that were always trying to find ways to make money... probably to buy nintendo games, bike parts, candy or sometimes save it for something; it wasn't as creative but we would cut grass, rake leaves, wash cars, sell homeade ice cream and lemonade, and shovel driveways when it snows trying to make a buck, I don't see kids today out there doing that stuff anymore. I guess they are too worried about thier facebook status and what's on the TV. Glad to see some creative ambition in this kid.

When I was a kid, personal computers didn't exist, and the ship that took the astronauts to the moon had less computing power than my phone by six orders of magnitude. My fucking camera has more power than theyt did then. Back in the sixties and early seventies it wass all done completely on balls and luck.

I'm still trying to scrape money together to buy bike parts! (A Fusorian Project is in work...)

Back
Top Bottom