Did we lose DoChen

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Unobtanium

Big Eyed Bug
Reaction score
Did we lose DoChen? I hope not. But if we did, it feels like we lost "one of the Bug family".

He last signed in here May 19. Last entry in his blog was May 20.

I am back from a long trip to DC, NYC, Seoul and Osaka. I have been publishing at my blog (bitchez!), mostly about the Asian cities and bearing manufacturers. I just came back about 48 hours ago, and still have a teensy piece of jetlag...

Check out my recent two pieces on the Korean bearing manufacturers I visited at my blog (top two articles):

robertmixblog.blogspot.com

When I was in Korea, I could not even connect to pmbug.com! I sent an email to our Congenial Host telling him that. He wrote back that there are Korean sites which are up to no good re infiltrating or otherwise monkeying around with his site, so he blocked all from-Korea access. PMBug can explain it better than me.

I am happy to be back with my "virtual family"!

Did we lose DoChen? I hope not. But if we did, it feels like we lost "one of the Bug family".

You gotta remember that he has "Rolling" in his name. That means to me that he is rolling all over the place chasing those roller bearings.

Or maybe he just keeps Rolling OTFLHAO at all of the antics that Ancona gets involved in.

Glad to see you "back in action" DoChen. As he mentioned, we had been in contact via email.

pmbug isn't the only website that I own. I also own a very large (7+ years old, ~9,000 member) forum on a medical topic among others and over the years have come to be a bit aggressive in limiting access to IP ranges of entire countries where the signal to noise ratio of real (or valued) visitors to spammers, spambots/scrapers/email harvesters and /b/tards was just too weak to justify all the moderation and admin headeaches the noise causes. So the site is largely unavailable from large swaths if not all of Korea, China, Latvia, Lithuania, Pakistan, Philippines, Russia, Turkey, U.A.E. and Ukraine. I was more selective in banning IP ranges from other countries.

Welcome back Rollling!
:wave:

I went and caught up on your blog. You observations match what I have heard from many others; the Asian countries are quickly catching up and/or passing the U.S.

Back
Top Bottom