Dr. Paul Craig Roberts: If the Currency Collapses & You Try to Flee Into Gold,There Won't Be Any

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Could not view the video, but ( if ) when the currency collapses, there won't be any gold available for at least two reasons.

One, those that have gold would be fools to exchange it for worthless currency.

And, two, the feds will likely confiscate gold again.

Either or both means none available for those who have not prepared in advance.

There may be other reasons given in the video, but I think those are the two most important reasons for due diligence now.

Last edited:
You need to act before the stampede starts. Always avoid a mob. Simple rules can save you a lot of grief.

They're effectively confiscating gold from all the weak hands as is, by manipulating the price down. (and maybe then buying it to repatriate). Less sturm und drang from the population if you can do it by scam, rather than guys going door to door which would surely go viral on the 'net and make more troubles for them.

Somethings brewing in South Korea -

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-25/stocks-drop-4-their-all-time-highs-and-happens

and this in the comments seemed rather interesting -

What? Nobody here has yet mentioned Christine Lagarde's stunning comments from Davos today? They aren't just hinting at a global currency reset any longer. They are ANNOUNCING IT.
All: do yourself a favor and listen to the first 10 minutes of this roundtable. Christine says she has two "R" words: RISK and RESET. And her RESET is broken down three ways, one of which is this:

"Reset, in the sense that once it is well anchored, then those accommodating monetary policies have to be reformulated; have to move either back into their old territories or be more traditional, or be, maybe of a different kind and I am sure central bankers around here will be able to comment on that."

http://www.weforum.org/sessions/summary/global-economic-outlook-2014

Sooo, Chrissy: exactly what "different kind" are we talking about here, hmmmmm?

The wheels are in motion. The great bail-in / reset is coming around the mountain.

Yes. That is true. James Rickards recently said the exact same thing... I have the link somewhere! I'll post that intvw if I find it. :)

Back
Top Bottom