facebook IPO is hype is you ask me

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Yes- a few will make money- in my mind it is a pump and dump. An attempt to re-bubble the stock market.

No argument here - it's pretty obvious. A lot of people are going to get burned, and even the sell-side cheerleaders are warning retail every second on the boob tube right now.

This is the real guys and insiders cashing out...not getting some seed money to accelerate their growth - this is all 'paycheck' for them.

And once they get real shareholders and a board insisting they monetize their theft of world privacy, even the boiling frogs will hop out. I heard someone say they had 50+ accounts because they wanted insurance against being banned. Wonder how much of their huge user count is just that kind of thing and completely not real? Their advertising income so far says "a heck of a lot of the users aren't real consumers".

Not that fundamentals really matter much these days. But I'd be looking for a short entry myself.

Facebook Joke of the Day: Why is Facebook going public? They couldn't figure out the privacy settings either.

yep - reality check from Capital Account - how many people do you know that have EVER paid Facebook for anything?

Honestly... I think everyone and their dog is shorting it.. I think in a few days (and a few %) from now, we might see it being a buy for a trade.

got to admit ive been following it on NASDAQ:FB today and its been fun to watch, knowing how all the insiders are supposed to harvest the pop that 'always' follows a big IPO.

Back to $38.01 as i type (-:

LMAO! CNBC- was the IPO over hyped.

DUH!

-----------------------------
Hey on another note- my day was made today. Someone I know on facebook made a comment- "where is Ron Paul when you need him". The follow up comments - mean the post was for real. The interesting part is that the FB friend is a gay Jew. Which nulls the idea that either of those groups wont support him.

Think about this- they algo the PMS like hell- why didnt they do that here? You know- to get everyone in.

Back
Top Bottom