friend could be losing her mind-

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Not the neighbor- but the friend with out a car. She has been telling me how this one or that one is out to get her.

Not sure- on the surface it sounds plausable- but it also sounds like crazy talk.

One of her neighbors and her did have a fight- and the gal thinks about J way too much. Makes comments- sounds close to a stalking thing.

I hung up on her.

She told me I was of no help.

She blabs to others her plans to move- then these busy bodies will talk about her- she should have said nothing.

She thinks she has to move by april- but wont get a newspaper to scope out what is possible. She is on section 8. So it wont be easy.

A neighbor is stalking her- she claims- but why then tell someone she is going to move- she has not looked at any apartments- none. She has not filled out any forms- she has not even bought a news paper.

I am thinking she is getting close to a 72 hour psychiatrist hold. I took my phone off the hook. I do not feel like being anyones counselor/baby sitter, today/

what a sad fucked up world we have created

and will we ever learn ........ so we can create a better one ?

Oh man, what a sad depressing short story... Fucked up world, you said it.

I am not sure when I get conversation in.

Her life is always like this. Her goal to get a car never happened. She does not listen to my advice.

She should have shut her mouth- she told a neighbor she was going to move- well she does not know that. The neighbors think about her too much- but she ran her mouth. They could care less if she moves- a stalker wants to punish. She was going to call the police on mary then mary called the police on her- so now mary looks like the nutso.

If the goal is for this matter to blow over- you do not give potential enemies ANY information. Most of her problems are a result of something she said.

If on every phone calls- 95% of the time spent on her crises and we never adress things I want to talk about then the friendship is one sided. It can not last in its current form. She then blames me because I have a car and I have no idea what it is like to not have a car. She wont get a bike- she says her knee is bad. She buys printer ink and junk at walmart- so she fails to save $100 a month for a car. She does not know how she is going to get moved- at the same time there is no new place to move to. I mentioned rent a box truck and now she says no one will let her since she had a DUI some years ago. To that- I replied- well based on this information it could very well be April and you made no progress towards your goal. Consider tho- she has announced to her enemies that she is moving. There is no new place. I also mentioned when I moved I grabbed 2 guys from the homeless shelter and paid them to move. She made the announcement that she is moving- but there is no new place. She does not get a newspaper- to look at ads. She has excuses. But now her enemies have 24-7 to ponder the big news that she is moving. They have nothing to think about but the verbose pronouncement that she is in fact moving and sooner then April.

She told me I was of no help. When she said that I hung up on her. She wants to feel bad that MAYBE they wont rent a box truck to her over a DUI but will she actually make a phone call to ask them? No. Somehow this is my fault- because I have a car and she doesnt - so I have no idea what it is like. Her bf offered to buy her a van and she did not want a van- so she gets to wait for a car. She pays $50 a month on insurance for 2 years now- to not drive a car- but hell she is insured. I told her to reduce the coverage- I pay $24 a month- and I actually use it.

Ah, that sounds like a toxic friendship to me. I run away from people like that... I do know that your circumstances are very different than mine, but I would probably let the friendship slowly die (no need to end it in a stormy way) were I in your shoes (again, not knowing the exact circumstances)...

There are LOTS of people who do not accept good advice, I know, because NO ONE listens to me either, LOL!

ah yes, the pathos of the great prating fool.... :)

update:

I had my phone off the hook for a few days. Sunday I hung it up- that day she called in- and asked if we could talk. She profusely apologized. I talked to her some- but really with the pain levels- pain meds- I could not focus to much on what she had to say.

The gist of her thoughts were abit down to earth.

Back
Top Bottom