gift cards

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
I am annoyed. I sold some gift cards to the place I usually do and their bank stopped payment because they think I am laundering money. The amount is $361. I filed a complaint with the BBB.

You are laundering it Penn (-:

You are supposed to exchange it for useless consumables and help the world economy.

The complaint will likely have you end up in some kind of correction or reprogramming institution.

Here is my process.

I buy a giftcard on a credit card that has no interest for 12 month.

I sell the gift card.

I pay the credit card which is charging interest.

So I am shuffling my debt to be no interest. It will cost about 3% in the mix.

Another way it to go thru is to use a credit card to pay bills-- then use the cash to pay the other credit card.

https://www.chargesmart.com

That sucks Penn. Another victory for the war on cash.

The company replied. They claim the are processing my cash. Most likely they are.

I had to resend a copy of my DL. They wanted front and back. I only have the front. I said my all in one printer is broke and if they cant pay me to return the cards.

I am watching my account for the cash to post. My guess is 3 days. I should be done with this type of activity for about a year.

When interest begins again- I will look for a no interest credit card to park my debt.

Hello.

UPDATE:

I received full payment. I noted that on the BBB report. I am happy. The company looks forward to doing more business with me- the claim.

At this point- my credit card debt is (entire amount) is parked in no interest for a year cards. I would have to sell some silver to pay it off. If I can park it for a year- and delay any sale of my stack- then so be it.

Back
Top Bottom