got a message....

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
.....And it says that my fucking job at the AFB is shut down for the "forseeable future due to unresolved 'issues' that my prove to be untenable".

Fuck me in a dog suit!

:flushed:

.....And it says that my fucking job at the AFB is shut down for the "forseeable future due to unresolved 'issues' that my prove to be untenable".

Fuck me in a dog suit!

:flushed:

I was worried that might happen when you reported the substandard work of the other contractor. Politics trumps actual ability to do a proper job in the government world every time.

I hope you quickly find new (and better) work.

That sucks, my friend. Something will work out for you; of that, I am certain.

so you have to walk away from the money they owe your company but you just might get a chance to become main contractor when they go back out to tender
and in the meantime everyone is jobless .............

If you hadn't acted when you did Ancona, how many more months of sub contract costs would you have lost ?

Its a fucking nightmare whichever way you try to play it
and you get blamed for upsetting the, already collapsing, applecart.

You have my respect and sympathy.
rbl

This is shit, man - it only shows, that no matters where it happens, be it US of A or some banana republic - once the pie starts shrinking, this kind of crap starts to happen, and back-scratching by the bloated government and well-connected businesses - no matter how incompetent - only gets stronger. Meanwhile, people who truly deserve the contracts and are worth their salt, got sidelined.

...been there, seen that - in worse economies, its been like that for a while... It seems, that now it gets mainstream even in the strongest economies in the world. Things would be accelerating year on year now, I think...

Govco doesn't give their minions leeway to use common sense in resolving matters. They have to follow procedures designed for the lowest common denominator. Frustrating to be sure.

ancona, indeed you have suffered more than your share of troubles... Working with/for .gov now shows its downside, as above comment said, when the pie shrinks, guys like you get the shaft. Still, I think rblong2us may be right! Your skill set and ability to have coped all this time may mean that you win bigger in the end. I hope so!

And, of course, I now have a much better gut-feeling sense as to WHY you are prepping with your like-minded neighbors. Head up, friend of ours!

I was worried that might happen after the sh*tstorm you detailed in your other thread. I'm sorry to hear it came around, though.

I hope the work picks back up for you...

Work hard and keep stacking. I had a friend give me a line the other day that's kind of applicable here:

"It's funny, the harder I work the luckier I get."

Keep on pluggin'

ADK

You know what is troubling about this- is that you do have talent and know how. I do not want to hear complaint about "brain drain" and so forth from the analysts.

Sometimes Mark change is good. What else can you do but to roll with the punches?

Back
Top Bottom