Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By 11C1P
  • 1 Post By PMBug

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2015, 11:53 PM   #1
Ground Beetle

Liked: 504 times
Thumbs up Govt. vehicle auctions

My son got his license a few weeks ago and so I started looking for a cheap beater for him to drive around. Saw that there was going to be a state fleet auction in town with 78 cars & trucks. I've been to a handful of govt. vehicle auctions and other private all vehicle auctions and had pretty good luck most every time I've bought something. So there were all the local dealers and a few other dads there buying for their kids (one was sitting right next to me and I was glad I didn't have my kid with) and the early vehicles were going for what I thought was fair to a bit high prices, few really good bargains, but my patience was worth it. They had a total of 7 crown vic police interceptors there all 2009-2010's. I was figuring I might be able to get one of these or a nice running but beat up truck, but all the vehicles were in great condition. Early on I heard the auctioneer bagging on Ford's and a bunch of the crowd agreeing (good for me as I'm a Ford fan and the cheaper the better!) I managed to get a car for the lowest price of any car in the auction and it was only the 2nd one I bid on. It's a 2010, now granted it has 119K miles on it, but they were HP vehicles so a lot of highway miles and really good maintenance kept up on them. The car doesn't have a scratch dent or ding on it, the interior is immaculate and it still has a good amount of that new car smell. After driving it for the first day, I decided my kid could take the mini-van and I'd drive the cop car! He really wasn't too upset as at least he had wheels, and if he's anything like I was in H.S. he could put all that room in the van to good use. So if your looking for a deal on a vehicle I recommend the govt fleet auctions, while nothing is guaranteed, they do excellent maintenance on them and they are very honest about saying what they do know is wrong with them. Here's the link to the sales results to the auction I was at, I bought #64

https://www.dot.nd.gov/divisions/fle...-pricelist.pdf
PMBug and Penn like this.
11C1P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:23 AM   #2
Golden Cockroach

Liked: 2449 times
Damn, you got a steal. Looks like there weren't many bargains before that batch of crown vics though. Cheers.
11C1P likes this.

Important stuff: PMBug 101 * Forum Guidelines * Support PMBug
PMBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:21 AM   #3
Ground Beetle

Liked: 504 times
They didn't sell them in the order on that sheet, but the 3 that went for 2,200-2,400 were towards the end. The one that went for $2,400 is the other one I bid on and it came through about 5 or 6 cars before the one I got and the one the that sold for $2,300 was after mine, not sure how much after cause I went to pay & get out of there and the auction was over shortly after that.
11C1P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:30 AM   #4
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
Good for you brother, good for you! I love to hear it when someone makes a good score! Especially off of Uncle Sugar.