Hurricane Sandy...

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Well, we're already getting outer bands of rain feeding onshore from Sandy. This thing went from a Cat 1 to a Cat 2 while over Cuba last night, and is over extremely warm water right now and heading our way. Ideally, it stays well off shore and just pelts us with a lot of [unwanted] rain, but with these fuckers you never can tell. I guess I'll put the shutters up tonight just to be on the safe side.

Wishing you all the best with this one ancona. We could have used the rain over here in Texas.

I have friends on their honeymoon in Jamaica. I hope this hurricane doesn't ruin their time there.

The storm passed over Jamaica yesterday afternoon. I think it was a weak Cat 1 at the time. If they were in a resort, my guess is that they were OK, and likely received free drinks at a big hurricane party. We're having a hurricane party at my friend Scott's house tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom