I hate this town! I hate it.

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
I decided to sell a few coins. Should be no problem.

So- I set it up an waited for the packing slip which never came- I went to the library to print what I had.

Basically the employee there did not wanting me printing- we got into a shouting match.

So then I decided to mail what I had to the vendor- rushed to the post office- where they closed for the day. Fast forward to today- and nothing is sent- even tho I sold the set to 2 different vendors.

Still have no confirmation... and now- being they never replied to customer service- I am thinking- I wont sell now.

love the town Penn, the alternative will do you no good

and love the fact the universe got it together, to stop you selling any of your stack.

Was it not you who said buy and forget ?

Sell tomatoes instead (-;

I did in fact say that. Part of me wanted to exchange the gold I have for silver.

As a rule I do not churn.

I have grown the stack this month! YES.

I considered placing the gold I have into silver.... also the 40% coins are getting to be heavy and in the way- so I considered cashing it in and getting eagles.

You are correct tho in the stack what you can afford to forget you own.

It was helpful to sort thru all my inventory- to see what I have and dont have. The 40% really does take up alot of space.

On the other hand the idea is to add even another ounce each month....

I heard the grass is greener on the other side. You should try it. I could be wrong though.

I did in fact say that. Part of me wanted to exchange the gold I have for silver.

As a rule I do not churn.

I have grown the stack this month! YES.

I considered placing the gold I have into silver.... also the 40% coins are getting to be heavy and in the way- so I considered cashing it in and getting eagles.

You are correct tho in the stack what you can afford to forget you own.

It was helpful to sort thru all my inventory- to see what I have and dont have. The 40% really does take up alot of space.

edited to add:
there's still a lot of silver out there. People are robbing grandmas cookie jar to get cigarettes, little old lady came in the grocery store and asked the manger if he would "still take" four rolls of mercury dimes, local gambler cashed in his "lucky" scratch off 20 dollar gold piece for a twenty dollar bill, etc.

On the other hand the idea is to add even another ounce each month....

somewhere around 2000, Bing and I started getting about a thousand dollars a week of rolled halves from the bank and cherry-picking them for silver. Didn't find very much 90%, but lots and lots and lots of 40%. I think that that is the weight that caused the boat to flip and sink. Since that silver disappeared, I started getting silver at face from the grocery store where I work (got 140 40% halves at face last month) and there's still some at the local banks (it's still out there). But our local "we buy gold" guy is doing all the banks now, so I kinda backed off. He's doing it for a living, etc etc. Go the opportunity to play economy 101 with my 11 year old. One day the guy in the business center paged me and asked me if I wanted 140 40% Kennedys, and I said yes, but I didn't have any money. So I went and got my kids piggy bank and bought them; when he got home from school I explained what I had done and asked him if he wants to sell the silver now or wait and see what it did. He wasn't interested in selling it (he doesn't want anything material) but he checks every few days to see where silver is. When it took a dip he kinda freaked and said he lost all this money; I explained he lost nothing (he only paid 70 bucks for it in the first place) and he grasped that just fine. Next to explain that the price of silver in dollars is really just manipulated....

With regards to what you said Penn, I've thought about trading some silver for gold, just to make it easier to handle. But then I'd have to go diving for it, blah blah blah..... :)

My 28 year old told me today I ought to sell everything I've got right now. (It's doubled since 2010.)

It was 4.50 or 5 an ounce when I got interested around 2000. Think I'll just hold onto it....

I just did an edit and my computer ate it after I hit save. Try again:
There's still a lot of silver out there. Kids robbing grandmas cookie jar for cigarette money, little old lady came in and asked the manger if he would "still take" four rolls of mercury dimes, local gambler cashes in his "lucky" 20 scratch-off gold piece for a twenty dollar bill for the lottery machine, etc.

try again.

Last edited:
Well as I have said before the closest coin dealer to me is 500 miles away. So I have to be pretty inventive on things.
Then again, sometimes things just happen. Like a phone call out of the blue today from a guy I never met that is looking to sell 200 oz.
For me, I prefer smaller towns that aren't big enough to have a bullion dealer down the road or around the corner.

Back
Top Bottom