I looked at a house today

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
So- I was browsing the MLS- seen something I got excited about- called my brother- yes he would back me.

Went to see it- and not a sweet enough deal to bite on it.

I am impressed that my brother would back me~!

That's not a small commitment either. Nice when family supports you.

The house - I thought would be quieter. So even if I could have it paid off- (equity of this house) I doubt it is step up.

From re-looking at the market- I think my house is worth more then what it was. Worth around 60k rather then 50k.

Housing seems to be coming back, at least here in the SE.

"Mucho Cuidado" in buying an expensive house, though! The bump up in prices may be due to QE....

yeah- I just added up my landscape- the cost to replace it- looks like $5k just for that. I dont like the idea of starting all over again on that.

yeah, it's good your brother supports you. Frequently through history siblings kill one another. (ex.: various kings).

Housing seems to be coming back, at least here in the SE.

"Mucho Cuidado" in buying an expensive house, though! The bump up in prices may be due to QE....

so if housing is coming back, why aren't the banks recognizing the millions of foreclosures? (and why ARE we building new houses with millions sitting vacant? I just had a lady tell me that real estate has recovered, Obama has eliminated over seven trillion dollars of our deficit in the last year, and unemployment is gone. People believe anything.

from my ten years in Tampa/St. Pete, I'd damn sure wouldn't want to be there when the checks stop. The year we moved to Texas, "they" burned 30 strip malls in St. Pete. It's gotten worse, from what I understand.

I just had a lady tell me that real estate has recovered, Obama has eliminated over seven trillion dollars of our deficit in the last year, and unemployment is gone.

I heard he also got a Nobel Prize for whirled peas.

Back
Top Bottom