Idiot neighbor reprise....it gets better...

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Well, I thought it would be more than a week, but I was wrong. The Bodeens decided they needed some pocket money, and since their carport roof was metal and all, it was selected as the scrap donor of the week. These idiots spent Saturday tearing down a pile of wood framing and steel lolly columns to get at the steel panels that kept the rain off the carport. These idiots have just made the hall of fame for stupidity.

The day starts with me sitting in my Barcolounger eating an egg sandwich, and hearing what can only be sounds of demolition. I went outside on the front porch with the sandwich and started watching these neanderthals destroy a perfectly good carport. Since they didn't have a truck [see also last week......] they decided to take the spare tire out of the little round well in the back of a friends car and attach a rope to the roof. When the car pulled forward, it ripped the roof right down, but also took all the soffit and fascia with it. In addition, the debris fell on the washer, which sits outside against the carport wall.

By the end of the afternoon, they had it in pieces and were using the little Toyota tercel to haul the folded up sheets of steel roofing to the scrap yard.

I got up Sunday morning to the smell of burning wood, so I went outside to see what the hell was going on. These idiots were burning a giant pile of wood framing in a big bonfire, during a red flag no burn warning to boot. We call the fire department who arrive and put the fire out, ask the Sheriff to give them a ticket [which they did: $550.00] and assured them they will receive a bill for 1,250 dollars for the fire truck response.

I think I have just declared war on my neighbors.

Fuck 'em and feed 'em fish heads. I have a hell of a lot more money, have better attorneys and am significantly angrier.

I'll keep you posted.....

*UPDATE #1*

Well, the borrowed car they used to jerk the thing down with, and used a rope tied to the spare tire tie down rack, seems to have jerked the whole body section up about a foot, tearing loose the fucking fuel line and sending unit. They are outside puzzling over it right now. Every time these jaggoffs do something, it seems to cost them more than they hoped to get in the first place.

These idiots might just be better off on welfare, because at least they wouldn't have to come up with stupid schemes to get a few bucks more.

I called a friend who installs security cameras, because by calling the Sheriff and then the FD, I think I might have just started a fucking war. I could give a shit less, but I just don't know what kind of violence or retribution these <redacted - see forum guidelines on epithets> are capable of. I intend to place about six cameras at a cost [Sunday half-drunk estimate of course] of around 2K.

Fuck it. I think I could sell the videos for a grand each.

Hell, wood can be salvaged or even sold. They are retarded...

Actually, in Florida, you cannot burn painted wood in a back yard burn pit. The reason is simple: Does it contain lead? Many of the old cracker houses are painted with coatings that contain high levels of lead, cadmium, chromium and sometimes arsenic and mercury. These 'tards have burned a mountain of pressure treated [copper arsenide] fence panels, plastics and much moire. IO am always the recipient of this foul and fetid smoke, so I wish them nothing but misery.

What kind of cameras? My buddy owns a bar, got an infrared system put in, nearly same price and number of cameras/dvr, etc.

Actually, I should have asked him what kind of cameras, because the ability to do the whole thermal or the IR thing enhances my ability to monitor what the fuck is going on. These people are unbelievable.

heh entertainment and danger and almost for free

just the cost of the insecurity cameras then .............

Keep us posted Ancona

btw, was it you who undertook a similar demolition with the wifes car and had to replace an alu support post ??

cant remember what use the damaged one was going to get but perhaps planted deep and filled with concrete, in case they come at you with the Tercel (-:

ooommmmmmmmmm

Well, at least they will not be allowed to build it back. Since it was only about a foot and a half away from our property line, and had been grandfathered in, the county will not give them a permit to replace it. Had they gotten a permit to "repair" the carport, instead of simply tearing the thing down, they would probably have been given a permit. But, since they went all Flintstone on it, even burning the remnant wood, they're fucked and so is whoever moves in next. Now, if I like the new people, because after all, it really is just a matter of time now, I will let them build it and not call the county on them.

... I think I could sell the videos for a grand each.

You could become a YouTube legend.

Recycling carport for scrap metal: + $100
Repairing the damage to house: - $200
Damage to rental / friend's car: - $300
Fines to the city for burning scrap wood: - $1,800
Lessons most assuredly not learned: Priceless

:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom