Items Confiscated at Dulles Airport

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ADK

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
So, I'm wasting a little of Friday afternoon mindlessly browsing the internet and found this photo gallery on some DC area Fox News...

"Items Confiscated at Dulles International Airport"

http://www.myfoxdc.com/slideshow?widgetid=52146

Anyhow, check out some of the photos. Some are clearly contraband: drugs, agricultural items, animal items, etc., (PS - What the *hell* is that dried up monkey-like thing!)

But, what caught my eye were the chunks of cash confiscated. Some could be drug money or associated with drugs on the same person. But, some of those stacks are relatively small.

Which leads me to think: If you were leaving the country and thought that you could get out with a stack of FRNs, or PMs... man, you might need to think twice.

:popcorn:

Last edited:
I know the last couple of times I have went out of the country they asked if I was carrying any amount of cash over $10k. I don't recall them asking about anything else. Those stacks could easily be 10k IMO. A $10k stack aint real thick.

Hollow out some books and ship them to your destination first? Make a neat job and it won't look odd on X rays.

Naw, take your silver/gold and copper plate it and declare it at $3.30 a lb...but we were talking FRNs there.

You can commonly safely ship valuable stuff freight and not have it really inspected if it kinda looks like what you said it was. IIRC, the Hope (or some other famous huge) diamond was actually just mailed, while a diversion was set up to make people think the Royal Navy was going to ship it under heavy guard. Security is a funny thing...

Back
Top Bottom