lets get the beach house trip over with!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
So she, 3 of her sisters and a husband are all going to SC for 5 days. They are taking her van. Now think of that- one woman can fill a van- because god forbid we cant be seen in the same outfit 2 days in a row- then there is all the make up- hair and nail stuff- and the purses alone can fill a uhaul. The guy in the group of course wants to go golfing- and take a whole set of clubs.

This trip has raised our blood pressure and as of now- I just want to get it over with.

I of course will take in the mail and paper and keep an eye on her house.

She is sending over things to eat- so- could be ok there.

5 grown adults are taking a van on a 10 hour drive. Once they are down there it doesnt even sound like she will get a chance to see the beach- because they have all this family stuff planned. So for 5 days it will be go-go-GO- when she gets back she will be exhausted, and broke. She seemed mad when I told her $200 and a credit card is not enough for this trip. They plan to eat every meal out. Her sisters are going to act like they are rich and she wont want to look poor so she will spend the cash, put on a fashion show- and go to broken down family stuff instead of laying around at the beach.

So we say good bye around noon today- because she must go to the hair dresser- and then she leaves tomorrow morning.

What happens when the golf clubs take up the space of the make up suit cases?? Easy fix- let the guy pick one club to bring. Better yet- take 2 cars... there is no way that a 10 hour drive is going to flow- I told her to dress for comfort- she wont hear of it- on a long drive tho- one is sweaty and dirty any way- thats how it goes.

bon voyage!

How long did it take you to unhook the kitchen sink and put it in the car? :grin:

lol- I did recommend shutting off the water- then she wanted to shut the electricity- I said that was a bad idea. Food in fridge and so forth.

We were supposed to eat early today - but so far she been away - I guess doing her hair.

The good news is I dont have to go on any trip. I would not enjoy it at all.

STRESS- she cancelled dinner because when she came home a dead cat was on her driveway- instead of putting it in the garbage she called the city.

The thing is- it could be ANYTHING. So here I am.

STRESS- she cancelled dinner because when she came home a dead cat was on her driveway- instead of putting it in the garbage she called the city.

The thing is- it could be ANYTHING. So here I am.

weird what people get stressed over. My wife (Bings') friend called the city to come get her dead dog (wiener dog) and they charged her 100.00 dollars to bury it. WTF? My dog died at 16 (a lacy). Dug a big hole outside the kitchen window, buried her. Put a ring of rocks around the grave. Bing put a cord of firewood on top of the grave the next day (to keep animals out, she said). My boss said we're having a luau. :rotflmbo:

ps, lacy might be the best dog you could ever have. Got her at the pound for 20 bucks.

Day 2 that she is gone. Man oh man- I died yesterday. This is TORCHER!

I dont eat- cant think, sleep- etc.

I started the day chatty then as it went on got real quiet- I have 2 types of quiet- one is pensive the other is something is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom