are lights addictive?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Pondering my late gram- and her house- I always liked her kitchen light.

When I am online- I use a stick flourescent light.

The bulb was shot and I went with out for a week. It was dismal.

My brother is into million $ end houses and you wont find that lighting there.

Its funny how something trivial can affect how you feel.

PPL sent me my energy report. My house does well on electric useage.

I know the new lights are fancy- but I like the old flourencent.

Describe for me- your lighting diet for the day

Theres an argument for trying to find a light spectrum that you are comfortable with.

Some people need a full spectrum light to overcome depression in long the dark nights of winter.

Flouros are known to be harsh but do offer a lot of lumens for their wattage so you will probably go back to em as they are still very cost efficient and you obviously miss the light they gave.

LED's are the future but they are expensive by comparison and you probably need more of them making it necessary to spend on wiring changes.

People need light. You're body absorbs a certain amount of vitamin D that it can't get through other means. There is also a psychological effect. During the winter lack of sunlight can be one of the contribution factors of depression that leads to S.A.D. Also inmates who are incarcerated and subjected to either constant darkness or constant light can cause serious mental problems.

Back
Top Bottom