Lufthansa A380 Lands at San Francisco

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Jay

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
This is an email that I got:

This is a better aircraft video than most any I've seen before, as the first Lufthansa A380 lands at SFO. Whoever handled the photography did an excellent job and it pulled me right in!

It may be a guy thing, but I watched the whole video and was truly fascinated. The bilingual crew are very adept (as you would expect) but subtitles help keep things clear to the viewer.
The pilots sit away from everything, no yoke, etc. While the captain pulls up a
keyboard occasionally to enter info but the plane does most of the work as it is extensively automated; the air traffic controller gives them heading, altitude, and speed, and they just dial it in.
They get a nice and unusual welcome as they taxi to their gate … kind of fun to see.
For best results go "full screen" on your monitor. It will seem like you are
in the cockpit.

http://www.wimp.com/approachlanding/

Back
Top Bottom