made it to coin store- how did I do?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
2 2004 eagles in blue velvet box- $26 each

1 lib quarter badly worn $3 something.

13 dimes- 1.75 each

1 peace dollar- dents in it- $22.

Total was $101.

It was a get to know me thing. That is pretty much all he had. I maybe should not have bought the peace dollar-

We talked about trading gold for silver- nice guy. 94% melt on 2 foriegn coins- I doubt I will bite- tho maybe the .18 one- but not the .25 kug. A 1 oz gold eagle he will trade for 58 oz of junk silver. I might do that- but then maybe not.

He did not have change- and said I owe him $1.

2 2004 eagles in blue velvet box- $26 each

1 lib quarter badly worn $3 something.

13 dimes- 1.75 each

1 peace dollar- dents in it- $22.

Total was $101.

It was a get to know me thing. That is pretty much all he had. I maybe should not have bought the peace dollar-

We talked about trading gold for silver- nice guy. 94% melt on 2 foriegn coins- I doubt I will bite- tho maybe the .18 one- but not the .25 kug. A 1 oz gold eagle he will trade for 58 oz of junk silver. I might do that- but then maybe not.

He did not have change- and said I owe him $1.

sounds OK to me, I woulda bought it. he might have got to you on the peace dollar, but I cost average anyway, so I wouldn't care.

yeah the Peace $30.77 an ounce.

He had a shockingly low inventory.

I would have bought too.

Most shops are low on silver around where I live, central WA area. There is only one coin shop in my town, but I'm pretty lucky... They sell junk silver at .72 x spot!!! :D

Most shops are low on silver around where I live, central WA area. There is only one coin shop in my town, but I'm pretty lucky... They sell junk silver at .72 x spot!!! :D

thats amazing. Way over spot here.

Hello Penn,

At this point, I would say you did excellently no matter what form of physical PMs that you buy...

Re gold & silver, here is what I have suggested that others think about if they have to choose one or the other:

If you have children and want to leave them wealth, then gold ("sits still through the generations"). If you want to have "money" for a SHTF situation, then silver (for spending). Want to cover both bases? Buy both!

Do you know any time I buy silver I bounce checks?

This time I caught it in time and got an emergency loan from the neighbor for $100.

I moved the car ins payment date and would be $7 short- so I called the CU and no way- they wont push it thru- they did in the past- this means it could have been $100 in fees- put it thru 3x=fees on both ends. Oh well. I get tax rebate on July 1- it is all good.

Seems like you have got a good bargain. I found this retail price guide for silver bullion (it doesn’t reflect premiums tough). As far as what you have got is certified and you are sure you have authentic coins with you, it’s ok to spare a dollar. Alternatively, you might have taken a receipt and got it adjusted later when you visit the dealer next time to buy or sell coins.

Back
Top Bottom