Making sausage

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
I attended my Republican party county convention yesterday. Hobnobbed with local politicians and party insiders and got myself duly elected to go the the State (Texas) convention in June. This was my first time attending such an event and it was a bit surreal.

Hopefully, there will be enough Ron Paul supporters at the state convention to form an effective voting bloc and get some representation for the national convention.

Do I get this right? (note: I'm a foreigner, so don't blame me for not understanding the US electoral system perfectly)
Texas is a primary state.
People on RonPaulForums have been writing that delegates from primary states are bound proportionally at the state (and national) convention?
So would you be forced to vote for Romney if he wins by a large margin?

Meanwhile, today in Philly:
4300 standing in the rain for Paul
a3a58c1629e677934c4c87361125b5a3.jpg

Last edited:
Do I get this right? (note: I'm a foreigner, so don't blame me for not understanding the US electoral system perfectly)
Texas is a primary state.
People on RonPaulForums have been writing that delegates from primary states are bound proportionally at the state (and national) convention?
So would you be forced to vote for Romney if he wins by a large margin?

The rules for delegates at the national convention differ depending upon the State rules:
Proportional Representation

Some states allocate delegates proportionally: ... fifteen use a proportional representation system for allocation of delegates, most with a minimum threshold that a candidate must receive in order to earn a proportionate share of the delegation.

... Texas (with a threshold of 20%)

http://www.fairvote.org/delegate-allocation-rules-in-2012-gop

Texas gets 155 total national delegates this election cycle.

Hopefully, Ron gets more than 20% of the primary vote in Texas.

Hopefully, we have a large enough voting block at the state convention to amend the national delegate rules to unbind national delegates after the first vote.

Back
Top Bottom