Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Bunker Talk > STS

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By DCFusor

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2011, 06:25 AM   #1
Golden Cockroach

Liked: 2447 times
Red face May you live in interesting times

Anyone else think we are about to realize an ancient Chinese curse? Seems like events are accelerating as we move along Martenson's exponential curves.

Important stuff: PMBug 101 * Forum Guidelines * Support PMBug
PMBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:54 AM   #2
Big-eyed bug

Liked: 344 times
I think we are definitely going into interesting times. How we view it depends on whether the proverbial glass of milk is half full or half empty. I tend to think of the upcoming times as somewhat exciting. Another thing that can affect people's outlook in the upcoming times is whether or not they are prepared (PMs, food, brass/lead, etc), and it sounds like many of the people at PMBug are quite prepared.
Unobtanium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:22 AM   #3
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 1233 times
One I like in this context (though I've not found an attribution) is:

In the course of a long life a wise man will be prepared to abandon his baggage several times.

Pretty sure it's Chinese, and I know from experience that it's wise. At the point your possessions own you, rather than the other way around - you're out of balance and likely in some sort of trouble, or will be soon.

While I think both are important, I think what you are is more important than what you happen to own. The former is a lot harder to take than the latter, as well.
PMBug and rblong2us like this.

Last edited by DCFusor; 12-01-2011 at 09:25 AM.
DCFusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #4

Liked: 459 times
I don't have anything cliche to add
DSAbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
Interesting is mild in my opinion. We are all going to live through a paradigm shift never before seen in mans existence. Our entire financial system is unraveling at the speed of light and there is nothing that can be done to stop it. Unimaginable sums of debt are coming due and the money is not there to pay the bill. Europe will be the catalyst for a claamity unlike anything seen before. Yes, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, unfortunately for us, it is the lights on a southbound freighter heading right for us.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #6

Liked: 280 times
I would be okay living in a less interesting time, or at least be a little order and well prepared. Trying, but some past decisions, before being more aware, make things more difficult now.
dontdeBasemebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #7
PM Bug Supporter

Liked: 691 times
Interesting times indeed. If things get rough slowly, well that´s one reason I am here in Peru (although mostly for working with our bearing company here), keeping an eye on whether Peru would be a better bet on chaos in a TEOTWAWKI than the USA. Our money and our gold (even if just SOME of it) would go far here.

Re abandoning baggage, well OK if it comes to that, but I would prefer to keep my smaller bag, you know, the one with

in it!
DoChenRollingBearing is offline   Reply With Quote