May you live in interesting times

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I think we are definitely going into interesting times. How we view it depends on whether the proverbial glass of milk is half full or half empty. I tend to think of the upcoming times as somewhat exciting. Another thing that can affect people's outlook in the upcoming times is whether or not they are prepared (PMs, food, brass/lead, etc), and it sounds like many of the people at PMBug are quite prepared.

One I like in this context (though I've not found an attribution) is:

In the course of a long life a wise man will be prepared to abandon his baggage several times.

Pretty sure it's Chinese, and I know from experience that it's wise. At the point your possessions own you, rather than the other way around - you're out of balance and likely in some sort of trouble, or will be soon.

While I think both are important, I think what you are is more important than what you happen to own. The former is a lot harder to take than the latter, as well.

Last edited:
Interesting is mild in my opinion. We are all going to live through a paradigm shift never before seen in mans existence. Our entire financial system is unraveling at the speed of light and there is nothing that can be done to stop it. Unimaginable sums of debt are coming due and the money is not there to pay the bill. Europe will be the catalyst for a claamity unlike anything seen before. Yes, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, unfortunately for us, it is the lights on a southbound freighter heading right for us.

I would be okay living in a less interesting time, or at least be a little order and well prepared. Trying, but some past decisions, before being more aware, make things more difficult now.

Interesting times indeed. If things get rough slowly, well that´s one reason I am here in Peru (although mostly for working with our bearing company here), keeping an eye on whether Peru would be a better bet on chaos in a TEOTWAWKI than the USA. Our money and our gold (even if just SOME of it) would go far here.

Re abandoning baggage, well OK if it comes to that, but I would prefer to keep my smaller bag, you know, the one with

:gold:

in it!

Back
Top Bottom