might be a dead horse

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Jay

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
just got this email:

PARABLES ARE A GREAT WAY TO MAKE PEOPLE THINK INSTEAD OF ASSUME OR JUST GO ALONG WITH WHAT THEY ARE TOLD.

Flowers, Anyone ?

Receptionist: Hello, Welcome to Obama Flowers. My name is Trina. How can I help you?
Customer: Hello, I received an email from Professional Flowers stating that my flower order has been canceled and I should go to your exchange to reorder it. I tried your website, but it seems like it is not working. So I am calling the 800 number.
Receptionist: Yes, I am sorry about the website. It should be fixed by the end of November. But I can help you.
Customer: Thanks. I ordered a "Spring Bouquet" for our anniversary, and wanted it delivered to my wife.
Receptionist, interrupting: Sir, "Spring Bouquets" do not meet our minimum standards, I will be happy to provide you with Red Roses Package.
Customer: But I have always ordered "Spring Bouquets"— done it for years, my wife loves them.
Receptionist: Roses are better, sir; I am sure your wife will like them.
Customer: Well, how much are they?
Receptionist: It depends, sir. Do you want our Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum package?
Customer: What's the difference?
Receptionist: 6, 12, 18, or 24 red roses.
Customer: The Silver package may be okay. How much is it?
Receptionist: It depends, sir. What is your monthly income?
Customer: What does that have to do with anything?
Receptionist: I need that to determine your government flower subsidy, then I can determine how much your out-of-pocket cost will be. But if your income is below our minimums for a subsidy, then I can refer you to our Flower Aid department.
Customer: Flower Aid ?
Receptionist: Yes, flowers are a right. Everyone has a right to flowers. So, if you can't afford them, then the government will supply them free of charge.
Customer: Who said they were a right?
Receptionist: Congress passed it, the president signed it, and the Supreme Court found it constitutional.
Customer: Whoa… I don't remember seeing anything in the Constitution regarding flowers as a right.
Receptionist: It is not really a right in the Constitution, but Obama Flowers is constitutional because the Supreme Court ruled it a "tax." Taxes are constitutional. But we feel it is a right.
Customer: I don't believe this…
Receptionist: It's the law of the land, sir. Now, we anticipated most people would go for the Silver package, so what is your monthly income, sir?
Customer: Forget it, I think I will forgo the flowers this year.
Receptionist: In that case, sir, I will still need your monthly income.
Customer: Why?
Receptionist: To determine what your "non-participation" cost would be.
Customer: WHAT? You can't charge me for NOT buying flowers!
Receptionist: It's the law of the land, sir, approved by the Supreme Court. It's $9.50 or 1% of your monthly income—
Customer: This is ridiculous. I'll pay the $9.50.
Receptionist: Sir, it is the $9.50 or 1% of your monthly income, whichever is greater.
Customer: ARE YOU KIDDING ME? What a ripoff!!
Receptionist: Actually, sir, it is a good deal. Next year it will be 2%.
Customer: Look, I'm going to call my congressman to find out what's going on here. This is ridiculous. I'm not going to pay it.
Receptionist: Sorry to hear that, sir. That's why I had the NSA track this call and obtain the make and model of the cell phone you are using.
Customer: Why does the NSA need to know what kind of CELL PHONE I AM USING?
Receptionist: So they get your GPS coordinates, sir.
(Doorbell rings, followed immediately by a loud knock on the door)
Receptionist: That would be the IRS, sir. Thanks for calling Obama Flowers, have a nice day... and God bless America.

Back
Top Bottom