Needing ones space-

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
I dont like someone looking over my shoulder, to see what I am reading- then asking what I am looking at- but she cant hear so well so she asks me 2x.

Then much of the time she is not interested in collapse talk. I cant get into lady stuff either.

The net will give me the news sooner and better then any newspaper.

We all need space from time to time.

On the internet, no one can hear you scream (unless you youtube it).

1zlbyac.jpg

~~~

We cancelled our newspaper subscription a few years ago. The print news industry is dying. Someone needs to update that "video killed the radio star" song. The internet is killing old media. The borg mind lives and we will all be assimilated. It's the most level playing field for the competition of ideas ever developed. Time will tell if the truth truly sets us free.

My Tai Chi instructor (from Trinidad, but still a most excellent teacher, you don't have to be Chinese to be a top instructor) had an interesting take on the internet:

That is is basically even more a set-up for the "monkey" (your inner chattering brain that holds you back from tranquility), that internet makes the monkey even more dominant... You are connected to the busy, busy world...

Maybe that means less time on the computer, more time doing my forms...

My Tai Chi instructor (from Trinidad, but still a most excellent teacher, you don't have to be Chinese to be a top instructor) had an interesting take on the internet:

That is is basically even more a set-up for the "monkey" (your inner chattering brain that holds you back from tranquility), that internet makes the monkey even more dominant... You are connected to the busy, busy world...

Maybe that means less time on the computer, more time doing my forms...
I've been trying to do that lately - staying off the web and disconnected from the world a bit more. Definately makes life more pleasant and it is not like you miss much. The same old crap keeps swirling around the bowl and once you know where the hole in the bottom goes there's really no point to following each time around.:flushed:

As with most everything in life - you have to use with moderation and find the right balance.

It really does annoy me that she has to know EVERY little thing I am doing. She asks me what I am reading- then asks me again- cause she did not hear me. By the time I answer I forgot what I was reading- and I have to read it before I can tell her what I am reading.

Unfortunately, I spend my entire day doing face time on several computers. I find the boards a relaxing distraction from spread sheets, government specifications and writing myriad work plans. I agree with Penn about the look-over-the-shoulder bit, I also find that beyond annoying.

the inquiry from your partner regarding what you are reading needs to be handled carefully -

Whats more interesting than me ........

the problem of you having overdosed on the red pill and her wanting you to watch the same rubbish on tv that she enjoys -

a little 'quality' time together ............

if you are not careful you will end up like me -

having waay too much fun, playing with diggers, dirt bikes, alternative energy ideas awesome bugouts that are pretty much stand alone and ready for the bank holiday
and no one telling me what to do, wear, say or think !!!

And my overheads are as close to zero as they ever will be while the toys are still in play

but after 40 years together i kinda miss her ...............

Back
Top Bottom