News headlines that makes you say WTF!?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Miami is two and a half hours from my house, and as a matter of fact, I lived on Collins Ave. on Miami Beach for nearly ten years, so I can attest first hand to the weirdness that is prevalent there. When I first arrived, South Beach was a dilapidated, run-down shithole, where one could rent a rathole apartment or efficiency on Ocean Drive for less than four hundred bucks a month and Haitian and Cuban refugees could frequently be seen swiming ashore from water logged piece-of-shit boats.

While the rents have risen, the class of people has dropped. I moved north when the South Beach explosion was just hitting high gear, and I'm glad I did.

Last edited:
When I first got into guns, I didn't have a CCW (now I teach the course!). I carried open some, just to get the reactions. (can't see how you can conceal if you're naked, though).

This was very interesting, and surprising, actually. So I go to walmart. I don't get very far before they ask me to put the gun back in my car in the lot, fair enough, and they were polite - even apologetic. about it.

Then they told me why they did that and some other things that seem stupid at first. Did you know if you buy a gun there - after the background checks and all - you can't touch it? They bring a manager to carry it out to your car for you. The reason?

Some guy brought in a shotgun shell in his pocket, picked up a gun from their case and shot himself though the mouth, quite messy and it didn't help their business. Go figure.

Then I go to get an oil change at the Jiffy Lube. They're fine with it (want to see it and the cool laser etc, back in the bay where they don't usually allow customers), but one of the customers, a big dude, looked like not-low-life, really got into my face about it, asking about my permit like just seeing a gun really pissed him off royally. I told him I had one (didn't mention it was the 2nd amendment though), and he backed off - I REALLY don't look the part of even an undercover cop.

So, while waiting, I go next door to a quickie mart to get a hot dog. The Indian girl goes crazy with obvious fear, so I told her I wasn't there to rob the place, and in fact would protect her if someone else tried, and besides - ever seen a robbery done by a guy with a holster? So she's fine - no problem anymore. (I could understand her fear - they sell scales there that are only good for either selling crack or reloading, and I'd guess the former is most of their sales)

Later, I go to the liquor store, where I think I'm really going to get a reaction of the negative sort. Couldn't have been more wrong. OK, some of them have seen me a few times, no one said anything, so I asked them - they said "fine, we know you're not a crook, and it'll scare possible other ones, so please DO carry and do it open". Wow! That depleted my cash (I don't carry much, or much booze, but I do get the good expensive stuff) so I then went to the bank.

I almost always go in, as there are a lotta cute chicks in there, one of whom is my "personal banker" I'd like to be more "in touch" with that one than I am, if you get my meaning. So in I go, right past the sign that says "take off your hat so the cameras can see your face if you're going to rob us" (ridiculous). No reaction at all there either, so I ask the girls, and they said pretty much the same as the guys in the liquor store - please do carry, and open - we know you, and what would you do, steal your own money? (I'm a big fish in that small pond).

Just FWIW, those are for-real experiences. I note that a sunny disposition goes a long way towards "disarming" bad reactions - a smile will get you far (but not as far as a smile and a gun, as Al Capone used to quote). Where I live, most people know most other people, and I never get a bad reaction in the stores I frequent...they have the same attitude, they know they're in no danger from me. Rather the reverse.

I did once have a Barry Switser moment, though. I'm in the courthouse to pay taxes or some such, and while fishing around in my pocket for something, oops, there's a Taurus ultralight in Ti in there- .38 - post metal detector. I decided not to rat myself out and just walked back out through the same detector. I now have more Ti in my body than that anyway, due to a serious injury - jaw and part of skull...so I have an excuse to set detectors off anyway at this point. I recently had to go to another courthouse over the ex, and man, they made me empty my pockets - no pens, even no little notepad - take my belt off, and I flew through their detector too - I mentioned to one of the cops (I know the guy) that I should have brought my gun, since my head didn't set it off. He said "this only detects crap, not quality metal", and we had a laugh over it.

"An armed society is a polite one".

WTF:
http://www.familysecuritymatters.or...led-by-illegal-immigrant-driving-drunk?f=news

"A coroner called Loretta Robinson last June and told her that her oldest son, Justin Walker, died when his car was struck by a drunken driver on White Horse Road. "I never would have imagined getting that call," she said. "Never in one million years expected that."

Robinson looked Anna Gonzalez, the accused driver, in the eye in court Tuesday as Gonzalez pleaded guilty.

The grieving mother then showed the judge the many bills she's had to pay, even though her son was not at fault.

Robinson said she paid to have the wrecked car stored for months, in case there was a trial.

"I had to pay to have the vehicle towed," she said. "I had to pay for the vehicle removed and to clean up the street from Justin's blood on the ground."

Robinson said that was the bill that stung the most - paying $50 to have the street cleaned."

WTF:
http://www.familysecuritymatters.or...led-by-illegal-immigrant-driving-drunk?f=news

"A coroner called Loretta Robinson last June and told her that her oldest son, Justin Walker, died when his car was struck by a drunken driver on White Horse Road. "I never would have imagined getting that call," she said. "Never in one million years expected that."

Robinson looked Anna Gonzalez, the accused driver, in the eye in court Tuesday as Gonzalez pleaded guilty.

The grieving mother then showed the judge the many bills she's had to pay, even though her son was not at fault.

Robinson said she paid to have the wrecked car stored for months, in case there was a trial.

"I had to pay to have the vehicle towed," she said. "I had to pay for the vehicle removed and to clean up the street from Justin's blood on the ground."

Robinson said that was the bill that stung the most - paying $50 to have the street cleaned."

That is pretty messed up. Not something you think about, that is for sure.

I would have told them to come and take it from me. Fuck these bastards, what do we pay fucking taxes for? Now that they have voted themselves a piece of pie that's bigger than the slice of taxes we generate for them to suck up, they double and triple speeding tickets, and then they add all kinds of bullshit fees for services we have supposedly already paid for.

Enough is enough. Fire every single one of the bastards and start fresh with NO UNIONS.

I would have told them to come and take it from me. Fuck these bastards, what do we pay fucking taxes for? Now that they have voted themselves a piece of pie that's bigger than the slice of taxes we generate for them to suck up, they double and triple speeding tickets, and then they add all kinds of bullshit fees for services we have supposedly already paid for.

Enough is enough. Fire every single one of the bastards and start fresh with NO UNIONS.

Did you just get pulled over :rotflmbo:

No Mach, but I recently reported that some little miscreants and reprobates shot out four street lights on our street and was informed that there would be a fee to "inspect" to see if they were really shot out, and I would have to pay 60 bucks. I went nuclear on them, they got a supervisor, I went nuclear on him, then he got his full on dothead boss on the horn who I unloaded the rest of my nuclear arsenal on, and they backed off the fee.

It is a matter of fucking principle here, since I pay my taxes each year, on time and the correct amount, the least these cocksucking pussy communist bastards can do is to maintain the fucking lights they are paid to maintain in the first damn place. When you fuck with the Ancona family, it will always turn ugly in one quick hurry.

I neither cause bullshit nor put up with it, so when they proposed to charge me for a service for which I already pay I was, to say the very least, a bit perturbed. Someday I will tape a conversation with one of these Govtarded dickweed pricks and post it on-line for the world to hear just how ignorant most of hese entitled dhimmicrat cunts are.

No Mach, but I recently reported that some little miscreants and reprobates shot out four street lights on our street and was informed that there would be a fee to "inspect" to see if they were really shot out, and I would have to pay 60 bucks. I went nuclear on them, they got a supervisor, I went nuclear on him, then he got his full on dothead boss on the horn who I unloaded the rest of my nuclear arsenal on, and they backed off the fee.

It is a matter of fucking principle here, since I pay my taxes each year, on time and the correct amount, the least these cocksucking pussy communist bastards can do is to maintain the fucking lights they are paid to maintain in the first damn place. When you fuck with the Ancona family, it will always turn ugly in one quick hurry.

I neither cause bullshit nor put up with it, so when they proposed to charge me for a service for which I already pay I was, to say the very least, a bit perturbed. Someday I will tape a conversation with one of these Govtarded dickweed pricks and post it on-line for the world to hear just how ignorant most of hese entitled dhimmicrat cunts are.
I definitely hear you. I try to see both sides. I am sure that they get called out for ridiculous stuff so they figure charging for it would help solve the problem (and save tax money). I have friends in law and law enforcement, and you wouldn't believe what LEO's get called to do. At the same time, those of us that use LE legitimately, get the shitty end of the stick. I don't blame you at all.

Looks like the guy only had pot in his system. Not Bath-salts like had been previously reported. It looks like there is a "synthetic marijuana" that is causing people to go nuts. I wonder if they are trying to change the public perception of marijuana by making a form of pot that does this. I know that's a little conspiracy theory but someone made that shit.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/miami-face-eating-attacker-had-marijuana-body-215322998.html

I agree with Derek. The war on drugs has been an abject failure, so why not create something to demonize pot? After all, there's a lot of money in private-for-profit prisons, and you don't make any money by paroling people, you make money by imprisoning them for a dime bag of weed.

What a screwed up system we have.

I agree with Derek. The war on drugs has been an abject failure, so why not create something to demonize pot? After all, there's a lot of money in private-for-profit prisons, and you don't make any money by paroling people, you make money by imprisoning them for a dime bag of weed.

Go look back at the misinformation campaign that led to the initial law against pot. It was essentially a bunch of racist lies claiming pot makes black men mean, angry, rapists of white woman!

http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why-is-marijuana-illegal/

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-history-marijuana-why-was-outlawed-335224.html

http://druglibrary.org/schaffer/library/mj_outlawed.htm

Last edited:
did anybody in the driving seat of the "war on drugs" ask himself a question, WHY do we have so many drug addicts in our western societies? Isn't it that people are running away from the reality, because their reality for many reasons, is just unbearable to them? What about focusing on the causes to the problem, instead of it's manifestation? Nah - reasoning and all - that's asking for too much...

while it does sound like something they would do to create propaganda to further their extremely faulty "war on drugs", there are several different brands of synthetic marijuana. one example is "spice". It is made somewhere over seas....germany or russia maybe? and it sold as "incense". but is some form of plant matter that is sprayed with the synthetic cannabinoids. I've met a few people and know of others that have used the stuff, that have become pretty violent while on the stuff....
...but, thats what happens when you make a synthetic of what God has given us. The results are never as good as the original.

Last edited:
They don't have a lawyer. Breaking and entering is a crime. Or, how exactly did they get the keys? Sheesh - that's the kind of thing a lawyer can handle in a snap. They're in jail, your house is yours again. You don't have to be home for burglary to be illegal.

I'm sure there are 20 other angles on this, and of course, from the news you never get all the details, some of which are legally important...

theres a whole world of information out there on how to beat the system and occupy an 'abandoned' house.
If you found it already broken into, you are only trespassing if you enter then occupy.

Sounds like the realtor played a dirty game though and the squatters could also be victims.

And as the 'owners' are likely never going to be able to catch up on the missed loan payments, its all a total fuckup created by greed and stupidity.

Yet the banks could end up owing everything if rising interest rates make every loan unpayable ......

Because money is the lifeblood of a political career.

Why in hell should I pay for their fuck-ups? Make the idiots pay for their own incarceration. If they can't do that, then shoot them. No reason why INNOCENT people should be punished while the GUILTY get posh digs at my cost.

Last edited:
but you promised to pay my ticket if I voted for you ...........

Democracy eh ?

It looks like the benign dictator model might be the best way after all (-:

mmerlin for prez !

Back
Top Bottom