• 1 Post By rblong2us

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 249 times
obama care subsidy calculator

Plugged in my numbers....

If your state does not expand Medicaid
You will not be eligible for subsidies in the exchanges because your income is below 100% of the federal poverty level.

The information below is about unsubsidized exchange coverage. Note that depending on your state's eligibility requirements, you may still be eligible for coverage through Medicaid.

Household income in 2014:82% of poverty levelUnsubsidized annual health insurance premium in 2014:$3,018 Maximum % of income you have to pay for the non-tobacco premium, if eligible for a subsidy:None Amount you pay for the premium:$3,018 per year
(which equals 31.96% of your household income and covers 100% of the overall premium) You could receive a government tax credit subsidy of up to:$0
(which covers 0% of the overall premium)

========================
This payment would literally be higher then my mortgage=I am not sure how it works- as medicare part A is going up to $247 a month I heard.

http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #2
Ground Beetle

Liked: 306 times
Notice how it doesn't tell you what percent of your income the unsubsidized premium is?

When I was 16 (24 years ago), Mc Donalds offered a comprehensive insurance plan for less than $10 a month. What the heck happened to our once awesome country?
dontdeBasemebro and ancona like this.

H. L. Mencken

comparegoldandsilverprices.com
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Liked: 685 times
I officially can not quit my job.. for worse healthcare than I have now, it would cost me over $800 a month!

Affordable my @%%#$%@#
Never free.

PMBug 101 *** Forum Rules
benjamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #4
Ground Beetle

Liked: 304 times
There is a diabolical trick being played on the American people by the administration. The problem is not whether or not everyone has insurance. The problem is going to be how long are the lines going to get to see the doctors who are willing to accept the insurance. Just because you have insurance doesn't mean you have healthcare.
dontdeBasemebro and mike like this.
Aubuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 1233 times
I've always been PO'd at the conflation - access to med care means insurance. Yeah, and diamonds are rare and forever - it's marketing by insurance companies, pure and simple.

What I would have to pay under o care (or the fine) exceeds my normal living expenses.
I'm self-insured (unofficially) - but that doesn't count. I don't get sick. I spend a little on the dentist or doctor (for trauma - I do crazy stuff and sometimes get hurt) but that amounts to at most a month of o care payments - a year, on average. And my self-insurance doesn't "count" so I'll have to either pay the fine or get insurance. I will do the former, while making as much noise about it as I can manage.
Which can be a lot....
dontdeBasemebro and Penn like this.
DCFusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Liked: 685 times
Wall street journal looked at the current cost of a base plan for a 27 year old in every state. It then compares it to the lowest cost plan that will be available to that same person when the "Affordable Care Act" comes into effect. Notice the large increases across the board....

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...%3Dinteractive
Never free.

PMBug 101 *** Forum Rules
benjamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #7
Yellow Jacket

I have lost at least 5 friends on fb over this topic- even when I agree with them on the issue.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #8
Ground Beetle

Liked: 304 times
Originally Posted by Penn View Post:
I have lost at least 5 friends on fb over this topic- even when I agree with them on the issue.
Sadly you may lose a few more over the years once they need quality medical care and it's no longer available.
Penn likes this.
Aubuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #9
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
I signed up for the facebook thing not long after it opened. I never put much of anything beyond a very limited profile and then I forgot about it. Many years later, sometime this past spring, I looked it up. I was astounded to see I had multiple thousands of "friend" requests. As I scrolled through them, I realized that this was the single creepiest thing that has ever happened to me on-line. I knew about one out of every three or four hundred people in the list. I tried with zero luck to delete the account, so I just ignore it now. I learned from this that I had better be ready for these things to be on-line forever.
Aubuy likes this.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #10
Yellow Jacket

fb is like a hammer- a hammer can be used to build things or destroy things.

In general the internet- made my life better.
ancona likes this.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #11
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 872 times
Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
I signed up for the facebook thing not long after it opened. I never put much of anything beyond a very limited profile and then I forgot about it. Many years later, sometime this past spring, I looked it up. I was astounded to see I had multiple thousands of "friend" requests. As I scrolled through them, I realized that this was the single creepiest thing that has ever happened to me on-line. I knew about one out of every three or four hundred people in the list. I tried with zero luck to delete the account, so I just ignore it now. I learned from this that I had better be ready for these things to be on-line forever.
ah that explains everything

I only ever requested being anybodys friend once on fb and that was when I asked ancona

Somehow, I now have three friends on fb though
ancona likes this.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #12
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
I just visited the Florida on-line health care thing, and no bananas. I sincerely doubt i would qualify, but wanted to do it just for shits and giggles. I already have a little over four hundred twenty bucks a week strip mined from my base salary, and I have a strong feeling uncle Stosh wants a hell of a lot more. These fucking blood suckers will never have enough. until every lay-about lazy asse surf punk can live on lobster and caviar, and all of that on my dime, the libtarded fuck-nuts currently holding the hammer will not be happy. We need to VOTE THEM ALL OUT in November people, VOTE THEM OUT.