Precious Metals Forum

Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Bunker Talk > STS

Like Tree31Likes
  • 4 Post By ancona
  • 2 Post By Penn
  • 2 Post By Jay
  • 2 Post By mmerlinn
  • 3 Post By Penn
  • 2 Post By PMBug
  • 1 Post By Penn
  • 3 Post By dontdeBasemebro
  • 1 Post By DoChenRollingBearing
  • 1 Post By ancona
  • 1 Post By Jay
  • 1 Post By Penn
  • 1 Post By Jay
  • 2 Post By PMBug
  • 4 Post By rblong2us
  • 1 Post By Penn

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
Yellow Jacket
 
ancona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Waaay south
Posts: 3,370
Liked: 2046 times
Saturday Rant

I’m sitting in my office on this fine Saturday morning because there are six teenage girls occupying my house and I had to escape to get some peace and quiet, so here I am.

Reading through the news feeds has become a sort of trip through bizarro land lately, sprinkled liberally with repetitive WTF’s along the way. Some of the events unfolding around the world are frightening to say the least and potentially apocalyptic to say the most. Our president and his handlers are bumbling along as though they know what they are doing, yet they clearly do not, nor do they understand the ramifications of what they are planning because if they did, they would never have started down this path to begin with. Valerie Jarrett, channeling through President Obama, wants very much to see the Middle East in flames for some inexplicable reason and he appears to be prepared to light the match. With both Russia and China declaring their support for Assad in Syria, we will look incredibly stupid when we launch millions of dollars worth of missiles, completely unprovoked. I believe a tipping point has been reached, one which may well spell the end of our dominance in the world and usher in a new power structure that has Russia and China partnering to run things for a while. Our policy of endless conflict in the name of democracy has been a miserable failure around the world and the overwhelming majority of the planet wants us to simply stop. At some point, and I believe Syria to be that point, someone is going to say enough is enough and respond to our unprovoked attacks with meaningful and deadly force. Putin is not someone to toy with or brush off. He has at his disposal both the means and the backing to inflict humiliating damage to our naval fleet, and he is not afraid to do it. Obama had better weigh his decision with the greatest of caution.

On the domestic front, I have noticed a distinct up-tick in “youths” committing extremely violent acts, and doing so for no apparent reason. Packs of these feral youths are terrorizing communities around the country, yet there is close to zero attention given to them by our complacent media. They are seemingly content to spend a half an hour berating Miley Cyrus, discussing her self-destruction with stern faces and faux consternation, yet not a word is uttered about the WWII veteran who was beaten to death by two of these “misguided youths” with triple battery Mag-lights for no reason whatsoever. In that instance, some official jackass actually had the temerity to say that it may be partly his fault because he tried to fight back. My skull nearly exploded when I read that. Neither have we heard much about the youths who robbed a lady of a few dollars then proceeded to shoot her in the thigh, and murder her defenseless baby with a bullet in the skull. What the hell is wrong with these kids? The most recent shooting occurred in broad daylight when three more “disaffected youths” shot a promising young Australian baseball player in the back because they “were bored”. What the everlasting fuck is happening? When will a spotlight be placed on these tragedies so we can at least begin an honest discussion about the problem? I’ll tell you when; never. That’s right, never. This administration, just like those that preceded it, has absolutely zero interest in pointing out the obvious for fear of riling up their voting bases. We are so completely screwed.

On a local level, one of my youngest and newest employees, and son of a project manager at mt firm, wrecked his truck on his way to work. This idiot didn’t just wreck his truck, he plowed in to two cars stopped at the light about two hundred yards from the south gate at NASA. To add insult to injury, this blockhead was fucking texting at the time and going 40 miles per hour when he hit. The guy who was “sandwiched” between dickhead and the front car had his truck folded up in to a “V” shape. It used to be a very nice Nissan Titan with the whole glitz package. The driver was taken to the hospital but we have no other information. The front guy got the back end of his car squashed down to about a foot of wrinkled metal, it’s completely totaled. In addition to all the above, his fucking insurance had been cancelled for non-payment at renewal last month, so now the other drivers will try to open me up because we’re the next likely deep-pocket to pick. Unfortunately for me, while the accident took place outside the gate, there is a clearly painted white line and a small sign about a quarter mile outside the gate that indicates you are now on Kennedy Space Center property, so all the rules change. Now, it may be determined that liability is “joint and several” because I “directed my employee” to go to work and drive on federal property. The government makes the huge assumption that every employer is checking up on all their employees every six months to be sure they’re following the rules and carrying at least a minimum insurance policy. Naturally, we don’t. The burden we would have to place on ourselves to be 100% compliance with every dictate and every federal edict would simply put us out of business, so the best we can do is hope that the fear of having your license suspended for not having insurance is motive enough. We rolled the dice and lost. Now, we will have to institute another fucking company policy forcing all driving employees to prove they are in compliance with vehicle requirements. This will mean each person ahs to go to a garage and have it certified that all turn blinkers, headlights, license plate lights, brakes, wipers, etc. are in working order and then provide me a copy along with proof of insurance. What a pain in the ass. A guy just can’t catch a fucking break any more.

Sorry about all the doom people, I just can’t keep shit bottled up or I’ll lose my mind. When I look around at all the xanax addled zombies shuffling around like it’s going to be OK and “someone” will eventually fix all this shit, I get even more doomed, because those are the people that will step in with the rioters and looters that didn’t prepare either. They’re docile right now since they can still use their EBT cards, they can still get their ‘script filled and the disability checks are still on-time, but the second that shit stops working all hell breaks loose and they will simply take what they want. Like a plague of locusts in a wheat field at harvest, they’ll strip the Wal-Mart shelves bare and when that runs out, it’s going to be door-to-door unless the gubbermint manages to scratch together enough resources to feed them all. Like the gangs of feral teenaged hoodlums that rampage through a store taking what they want because they know the resources at hand are not enough to stop them, they will descend upon all that is edible and help themselves. In their wake, those who had been robbed will stop stocking shelves and close their doors, mark my words.

If you don’t have your preps completed you will not be a happy camper.

Sorry about the rant.
__________________
All things being equal, the simplest answer is quite often the correct answer - Occam
ancona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
Yellow Jacket
 
Penn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,566
Liked: 249 times
There does seem to be an up tick in blacks attacking whites.

not racial here- but more of this.

BTW- I think Miley should have been arrested. She publicly masturbated. The guys that managed that show also should be arrested.

The algorithms figure everything out. It wont get as bad as you say- because fort detrick will release a bio germ and millions of us will die.

Every generation makes its mistakes and ours is not immune.

Was the employee on the clock? I dont see how they could come back on you.
ancona and Jay like this.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
Jay
Yellow Jacket
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,511
Liked: 671 times
Ancona, I agree. I am frustrated to no end with the brain dead land walruses that I am surrounded with. As I said earlier, they are breathing my childrens' air. The lady at work sent home the 20 something zippy dippy hippy kid with ear rings in both ears because he was standing up asleep the other day (so hung over from the night before). All my boss had to say was "at least he shows up to work". As if that fucking matters when he does nothing.
ancona and Penn like this.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:55 AM   #4
Ground Beetle
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Here, There, and Everywhere
Posts: 633
Liked: 388 times
Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
I’m sitting in my office on this fine Saturday morning because there are six teenage girls occupying my house and I had to escape to get some peace and quiet, so here I am.
All things considered, you might have been much happier with all of the screaming and giggling of the girls as opposed to all of the downers you were forced to contemplate sitting by yourself in your quiet inner sanctum.

Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
Reading through the news feeds has become a sort of trip through bizarro land lately, sprinkled liberally with repetitive WTF’s along the way. Some of the events unfolding around the world are frightening to say the least and potentially apocalyptic to say the most. Our president and his handlers are bumbling along as though they know what they are doing, yet they clearly do not, nor do they understand the ramifications of what they are planning because if they did, they would never have started down this path to begin with. Valerie Jarrett, channeling through President Obama, wants very much to see the Middle East in flames for some inexplicable reason and he appears to be prepared to light the match. With both Russia and China declaring their support for Assad in Syria, we will look incredibly stupid when we launch millions of dollars worth of missiles, completely unprovoked. I believe a tipping point has been reached, one which may well spell the end of our dominance in the world and usher in a new power structure that has Russia and China partnering to run things for a while. Our policy of endless conflict in the name of democracy has been a miserable failure around the world and the overwhelming majority of the planet wants us to simply stop. At some point, and I believe Syria to be that point, someone is going to say enough is enough and respond to our unprovoked attacks with meaningful and deadly force. Putin is not someone to toy with or brush off. He has at his disposal both the means and the backing to inflict humiliating damage to our naval fleet, and he is not afraid to do it. Obama had better weigh his decision with the greatest of caution.
We already look incredibly stupid and INCREDIBLY WEAK in the eyes of the world, primarily due to this administration with help from previous administrations.

One of the first lessons one learns (hopefully) is that the ONLY thing bullies understand is SWIFT and SUPERIOR FORCE. Bullies do not and never have understood mealy mouthed words. O NEVER LEARNED THAT LESSON because he backs down and apologizes to every bully on the world scene. If he would just once SHUT HIS MOUTH and IMMEDIATELY CRUSH just ONE world bully, the rest of the bullies of the world would back off. That is exactly how we handled the Barbary pirates over a century ago as well as numerous other bullies prior to WWII, but ever since WWII all we have done is encourage more and more outrageous behavior by the bullies on the world scene. Today we are just beginning to reap the whirlwind WE HAVE SOWN around the world.

Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
On the domestic front, I have noticed a distinct up-tick in “youths” committing extremely violent acts, and doing so for no apparent reason. Packs of these feral youths are terrorizing communities around the country, yet there is close to zero attention given to them by our complacent media. They are seemingly content to spend a half an hour berating Miley Cyrus, discussing her self-destruction with stern faces and faux consternation, yet not a word is uttered about the WWII veteran who was beaten to death by two of these “misguided youths” with triple battery Mag-lights for no reason whatsoever. In that instance, some official jackass actually had the temerity to say that it may be partly his fault because he tried to fight back. My skull nearly exploded when I read that. Neither have we heard much about the youths who robbed a lady of a few dollars then proceeded to shoot her in the thigh, and murder her defenseless baby with a bullet in the skull. What the hell is wrong with these kids? The most recent shooting occurred in broad daylight when three more “disaffected youths” shot a promising young Australian baseball player in the back because they “were bored”. What the everlasting fuck is happening? When will a spotlight be placed on these tragedies so we can at least begin an honest discussion about the problem? I’ll tell you when; never. That’s right, never. This administration, just like those that preceded it, has absolutely zero interest in pointing out the obvious for fear of riling up their voting bases. We are so completely screwed.
What you are seeing is the result of breakdown of the family structure in America, encouraged by government policies. Until the family problem is fixed (not any time soon), what you are witnessing will only get worse. And when the system finally crashes and burns, American cities will be death traps even worse than Detroit and Chicago are today. Can we say one hundred million Americans dead when the bored and freebee crowd can't get their government 'fix' via food stamps, etc?

Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
On a local level, one of my youngest and newest employees, and son of a project manager at mt firm, wrecked his truck on his way to work. This idiot didn’t just wreck his truck, he plowed in to two cars stopped at the light about two hundred yards from the south gate at NASA. To add insult to injury, this blockhead was fucking texting at the time and going 40 miles per hour when he hit. The guy who was “sandwiched” between dickhead and the front car had his truck folded up in to a “V” shape. It used to be a very nice Nissan Titan with the whole glitz package. The driver was taken to the hospital but we have no other information. The front guy got the back end of his car squashed down to about a foot of wrinkled metal, it’s completely totaled. In addition to all the above, his fucking insurance had been cancelled for non-payment at renewal last month, so now the other drivers will try to open me up because we’re the next likely deep-pocket to pick. Unfortunately for me, while the accident took place outside the gate, there is a clearly painted white line and a small sign about a quarter mile outside the gate that indicates you are now on Kennedy Space Center property, so all the rules change. Now, it may be determined that liability is “joint and several” because I “directed my employee” to go to work and drive on federal property. The government makes the huge assumption that every employer is checking up on all their employees every six months to be sure they’re following the rules and carrying at least a minimum insurance policy. Naturally, we don’t. The burden we would have to place on ourselves to be 100% compliance with every dictate and every federal edict would simply put us out of business, so the best we can do is hope that the fear of having your license suspended for not having insurance is motive enough. We rolled the dice and lost. Now, we will have to institute another fucking company policy forcing all driving employees to prove they are in compliance with vehicle requirements. This will mean each person ahs to go to a garage and have it certified that all turn blinkers, headlights, license plate lights, brakes, wipers, etc. are in working order and then provide me a copy along with proof of insurance. What a pain in the ass. A guy just can’t catch a fucking break any more.
It really SUCKS when YOU must BABYSIT ADULTS, to make sure they have insurance, etc. They are adults, SUPPOSEDLY. It is THEIR responsibility to obey the law. Personal responsibility is ONE of the many things that made America a great nation - There was NO need to waste time and money verifying anything because you could COUNT on REAL AMERICANS to be responsible for their own actions or lack thereof.

Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
Sorry about all the doom people, I just can’t keep shit bottled up or I’ll lose my mind. When I look around at all the xanax addled zombies shuffling around like it’s going to be OK and “someone” will eventually fix all this shit, I get even more doomed, because those are the people that will step in with the rioters and looters that didn’t prepare either. They’re docile right now since they can still use their EBT cards, they can still get their ‘script filled and the disability checks are still on-time, but the second that shit stops working all hell breaks loose and they will simply take what they want. Like a plague of locusts in a wheat field at harvest, they’ll strip the Wal-Mart shelves bare and when that runs out, it’s going to be door-to-door unless the gubbermint manages to scratch together enough resources to feed them all. Like the gangs of feral teenaged hoodlums that rampage through a store taking what they want because they know the resources at hand are not enough to stop them, they will descend upon all that is edible and help themselves. In their wake, those who had been robbed will stop stocking shelves and close their doors, mark my words.
And when everything hits the fan, the survivors as a whole will welcome a foreign invader to fix the problems. Once we have spent our time, money, and so on one killing each other, America will look like a ripe plum for easy picking by some two-bit foreign country. And the worst part is that many so-called Americans will welcome an invader with open arms because they are promised food and whatever. But all they will get is slavery. Such is the road we are traveling down.

I had hoped such a thing would never happen in my lifetime. The last 5 years have dashed that hope for me.

Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
If you don’t have your preps completed you will not be a happy camper.

Sorry about the rant.
Preps will be very important. Just as important, if not more so, is your location when the SHTF. Anywhere within 100 miles of a major city will be hell on Earth, even with preps. When things break down, there will be NO FOOD, NO WATER, NO TRANSPORTATION, NO ELECTRICITY, and NO WASTE PROCESSING. Think about what that means to any major city and the surrounding suburbs.

Don't be sorry about the rant. Be sorry that America as our founders created it is history. You can't put Humpty Dumpty back together again. America WILL again be a world power, but not without SEVERE birthing pains in the process. And, yes, that means even losing our land before we finally learn the lessons so that we can start over.

Anyhow, we need your rants. Keep them coming.
__________________
If you keep doing what you are doing, You will keep getting what you are getting.
If you don't like what you are getting, You must change what you are doing.


http://mmerlinn.com

GOLD is the money of KINGS.
SILVER is the money of GENTLEMEN.
BARTER is the money of PEASANTS.
DEBT is the money of SLAVES.
- Norm Franz
mmerlinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #5
Yellow Jacket
 
Penn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,566
Liked: 249 times
Facebook banned me for 12 hours from posting.

I think it was my anti war posts.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
Golden Cockroach
 
PMBug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In Scrooge McDuck's vault
Posts: 7,075
Liked: 2455 times
Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
I’m sitting in my office on this fine Saturday morning because there are six teenage girls occupying my house and I had to escape to get some peace and quiet, so here I am.
...
Oh man. Yesterday was indeed a fine Saturday. Even though I spent the day stretching and dealing with my nerve issue, I got to watch college football - one of my guilty pleasures. It was so nice to unplug from all my usual routines for a while.

It's not that I advocate escapism from unpleasant reality, but people need to step outside of their rusty cages once in a while to clear the mind.

Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
... Our president and his handlers are bumbling along as though they know what they are doing, yet they clearly do not, nor do they understand the ramifications of what they are planning because if they did, they would never have started down this path to begin with. ...
Foreign policy in the middle east is just a continuation of the agenda set during Bush's term. The neocon's hubris in believing American military might could reshape the middle east into a democratic utopia (or Israel friendly colonies) was ill conceived from the beginning.

I guess Saddam forced their hands when he threatened to undermine the petrodollar and trade oil without using dollars. Iran is following the same path and Syria is just a proxy (or planned segue). It was clear from the primary campaigns onward what direction the establishment puppets wanted to take this freight train.

Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
... I believe a tipping point has been reached, one which may well spell the end of our dominance in the world and usher in a new power structure that has Russia and China partnering to run things for a while. ...
I would say we are approaching that tipping point, but we haven't reached it yet. I'm pretty sure that US Military might is still greater than China and Russia combined (at least based upon the amount of spending the countries have allocated to their respective forces). It's the petrodollar's reign as the world reserve currency that is eroding at an increasing rate.

Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
... At some point, and I believe Syria to be that point, someone is going to say enough is enough and respond to our unprovoked attacks with meaningful and deadly force. Putin is not someone to toy with or brush off. He has at his disposal both the means and the backing to inflict humiliating damage to our naval fleet, and he is not afraid to do it. Obama had better weigh his decision with the greatest of caution.
I really don't see Putin doing much of anything if all we do is lob some missiles into Syria. Unless we send in troops for an Iraq style occupation or engage Iran, Putin will likely just bitch, moan and rattle sabres. Of course, I'm not a foreign policy expert and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
... On the domestic front, I have noticed a distinct up-tick in “youths” committing extremely violent acts, and doing so for no apparent reason. Packs of these feral youths are terrorizing communities around the country, yet there is close to zero attention given to them by our complacent media.
I agree. These flash mobs are a concern and highlight the need for encouraging more people to get a CHL and protect themselves. The recent news about the kids who murdered someone because they were bored really grates on me.

Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
... Sorry about all the doom people, I just can’t keep shit bottled up or I’ll lose my mind. ...
You are always welcome to vent here brother ancona.

Sorry to hear about your Darwin award nominee employee.

Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
... When I look around at all the xanax addled zombies shuffling around ...
You know, this is precisely what makes George Romero's original Dawn of the Dead such a great and compelling movie. Individual zombies by themselves are not particularly scary. They are dumb and easily "beaten". The real horror comes from the realization that you are hopelessly outnumbered by the zombies and there is no escape from them.

Originally Posted by mmerlinn View Post:
... We already look incredibly stupid and INCREDIBLY WEAK in the eyes of the world, primarily due to this administration with help from previous administrations. ...
I don't know. I think we look incredibly arrogant and self serving. It's not about weak or strong, it's about whether or not the puppet masters really want it.
__________________
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Lao Tzu

Important stuff: PMBug 101 * Forum Guidelines * Support PMBug
PMBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #7
Yellow Jacket
 
Penn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,566
Liked: 249 times
I lost a friend over argument per this. http://wkok.info/news/news-news/acci...-in-sunbury-2/

I said the kid was texting. The know it all friend said he was not. He is certain there was no texting.

Well look- from my computer I can look out and touch a busy street...1 out of every 4 cars is on a phone. They cant see my looking- but I was astounded how many are.

It is all fun and games until someone pokes an eye out!!
ancona likes this.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #8
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 494
Liked: 280 times
Originally Posted by PMBug View Post:
I don't know. I think we look incredibly arrogant and self serving. It's not about weak or strong, it's about whether or not the puppet masters really want it.
Exactly. Doing stupid things to pretend that we "look strong" will ensure that we truly become weak. Listening to our leaders overlords is like watching a bunch of ego-dirven teenagers puffing their chests at each other. "Come at me bro, lets do this!" while neither of them has any will or business fighting.

Oh, but they hate us for our freedoms! BS, and if they did, they should love us now. They hate us for "doing something" in their countries.

Stop the earth, I want off.
dontdeBasemebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #9
PM Bug Supporter
 
DoChenRollingBearing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SE USA
Posts: 1,275
Liked: 691 times
...

ancona, you kicked off one of the best threads yet! PMBug should be paying you by the rant... Hear you re all the issues you raise. F'ng brilliant. ancona, the new Jim Willie?



And great comments above.

***

Obama.Is.The.Worst.President.Ever.
And Valerie Jarrett is his prophet.
ancona likes this.
DoChenRollingBearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #10
Yellow Jacket
 
ancona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Waaay south
Posts: 3,370
Liked: 2046 times
Jay,
When the food stamps get cut off, look for those "land walruses" to break out the curtain wall glass at your store and clean it out like starving racoons. I can very nearly guarantee it.
Jay likes this.
__________________
All things being equal, the simplest answer is quite often the correct answer - Occam
ancona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #11
Jay
Yellow Jacket
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,511
Liked: 671 times
Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
Jay,
When the food stamps get cut off, look for those "land walruses" to break out the curtain wall glass at your store and clean it out like starving racoons. I can very nearly guarantee it.
hopefully I'll have some advanced warning and I won't be there... the grocery stores have already made contingency plans for collapse (we accidentally read an email we weren't supposed to see). You don't think those lobbies are really for shopping carts do you?
ancona likes this.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #12
Yellow Jacket
 
Penn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,566
Liked: 249 times
Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
Jay,
When the food stamps get cut off, look for those "land walruses" to break out the curtain wall glass at your store and clean it out like starving racoons. I can very nearly guarantee it.
November food stamps reduce down by $11. I bet it is Mitt Romney and tea party fault.
ancona likes this.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:20 AM   #13
Jay
Yellow Jacket
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,511
Liked: 671 times
Originally Posted by Penn View Post:
November food stamps reduce down by $11. I bet it is Mitt Romney and tea party fault.
found this:
snip:
With 1 in 7 Americans now receiving food stamps, Republicans in Congress are leading efforts to cut back the social safety net program that has swelled to one of the largest in the federal government — and they are getting some support from Democrats.

The farm bill being debated in the Senate reduces funding for food stamps and is finding support from both sides of the aisle as lawmakers look for ways to cut the nation's rising debt in an election year.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jun...tamps-20120620

I honestly don't care. The one time I went to get food stamps, I was told I didn't qualify (income of 800 a month before taxes with family of five). I hope they stop them entirely. It used to be you got rewarded for working with food. Now you get rewarded for breeding, and the food is free. The house three doors down gets 4000 a month in EBT benefits, (my wifes friend is their caseworker) and ten people in the house claim benefits. They are all big fat asses. The same daddy for all the womens babies. He gets them pregnant so they can get more bennies. They are all pregnant again.

edited to add all the new cars they bought last month have been wrecked.
ancona likes this.

Last edited by Jay; 09-03-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:42 AM   #14
Golden Cockroach
 
PMBug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In Scrooge McDuck's vault
Posts: 7,075
Liked: 2455 times
They are "looking for ways to cut the nation's rising debt" at the same time they are looking to expand military spending in the middle east. The joke is on us, but I'm not finding it within myself to laugh.
DCFusor and ancona like this.
__________________
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Lao Tzu

Important stuff: PMBug 101 * Forum Guidelines * Support PMBug
PMBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #15
Yellow Jacket
 
rblong2us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: off world
Posts: 1,994
Liked: 882 times
All those fatties are being groomed to become WMD

At the right time and location all they will need is one wafer thin mint ...........

PMBug, DCFusor, ancona and 1 others like this.
__________________
if it cant be done with a digger .... it cant be done
rblong2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #16
Yellow Jacket
 
Penn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,566
Liked: 249 times
The 2009 Recovery Act’s temporary boost to Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits is scheduled to end on November 1, 2013, resulting in a benefit cut for every SNAP household. For families of three, the cut will be $29 a month — a total of $319 for November 2013 through September 2014, the remaining months of fiscal year 2014.[2] That’s a serious loss, especially in light of the very low amount of basic SNAP benefits. Without the Recovery Act’s boost, SNAP benefits will average less than $1.40 per person per meal in 2014. (See Table 2 for estimates of the size of the SNAP cut in each state in fiscal year 2014.) Nationally, the total cut is estimated to be $5 billion in fiscal year 2014.

It seems unlikely that Congress will enact legislation to remedy this problem, as President Obama and some members of Congress have proposed. Consequently, states need to prepare for the benefit cuts — including determining how they will provide information about the upcoming benefit reduction to participating households and other stakeholders as well as how to manage increased client inquiries when the cut takes effect.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=3899

Household of one to drop $11. The increase was part of one of the bail outs.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #17
Yellow Jacket
 
Penn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,566
Liked: 249 times
Originally Posted by PMBug View Post:
They are "looking for ways to cut the nation's rising debt" at the same time they are looking to expand military spending in the middle east. The joke is on us, but I'm not finding it within myself to laugh.
Yes! We have cash for endless wars, we have trillions for bankers. What we do not have is groceries.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saturday rant ancona STS 6 05-05-2013 01:09 AM
Saturday Rant ancona STS 19 04-23-2013 09:58 PM
Saturday rant ancona BSTS 31 01-29-2013 11:02 AM
Saturday Rant ancona STS 13 04-02-2012 10:05 AM
Saturday Rant... ancona STS 12 02-20-2012 02:22 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® from Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Content of PMBug.com copyright © 2011 - 2019 Measuring Up. All Rights Reserved.