Slow traffic on the site

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
I feel like a carpet bomber these days. We have a couple hundred members on this site, yet only a dozen or so consistently post. I like the layout here and the small number of categories. In addition, I hope to see more of the folks who signed up start posting instead of lurking.

C'mon in and enjoy the conversation. If you brought beer, the cooler is on the back porch.

Last edited:

Everyone is too busy counting all the coins, bars and ingots which they are taking out on their boats soon.

Actually, I live behind the dumpster at Kmart, I lost all my gold and silver in a tragic boat accident a long time ago. I use the internet at the library because it's free.

maybe its not an issue of the quantity of posts, but the quality of posts? i for one am appreciative of this venue and the information presented in it.

also, as a suggestion, maybe a "marketplace" area for people to sell goods...not on a mass marketing level but person to person sales? just a thought.

I am normally more active... I have been pretty busy recently. Work is offering unlimited OT right now... so that means unlimited funds to buy PM's with.

Actually, I live behind the dumpster at Kmart, I lost all my gold and silver ...

maybe its not an issue of the quantity of posts, but the quality of posts? i for one am appreciative of this venue and the information presented in it.

+ :gold:

also, as a suggestion, maybe a "marketplace" area for people to sell goods...not on a mass marketing level but person to person sales? just a thought.

See here: http://www.pmbug.com/forum/f11/would-you-post-offers-sale-if-we-had-forum-room-318/

This is a relatively new site. The fact that it is this active in the first two months is beyond expectations.

Give it time, that is assuming that we have time, and it will grow more as things get worse and worse.

FWIW, I have access to the internals of a couple other websites, and traffic seems to just be falling off generally - both posters and lurkers if you look at a long term graph and kinda squint - all summer long. I'd guess people are busy elsewhere at the moment. If it were a stock chart, I'd be going short traffic for a little while (rent, not own).

Back
Top Bottom