Somali Pirates Where they come from and why

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Jay

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
The real pirates

Somalis are poor and depend on fishing to survive.

So what did the developed countries of the world do?

They sent factory ships into Somali waters to scape them clean of fish, destroying the livelihood of thousands. They defended these factory ships with military vessels.

And the Somalis starved.

And they also fought back.

If you like your fish, you can keep your fish.

I have watched Japanese trawlers go back and forth with their monster nets dragging the waters off of Ascension Island S.A. for Tuna for days at a time. They go in, rape the water for everything that is there then move along to fresh waters. It's absolutely disgusting how they destroy the bottom ecology and then simply dump the by-catch overboard. By some estimates, the Japanese will throw twenty five pounds of "by-catch" overboard for every pound of tuna they drag in to the boat.

I have watched Japanese trawlers go back and forth with their monster nets dragging the waters off of Ascension Island S.A. for Tuna for days at a time. They go in, rape the water for everything that is there then move along to fresh waters. It's absolutely disgusting how they destroy the bottom ecology and then simply dump the by-catch overboard. By some estimates, the Japanese will throw twenty five pounds of "by-catch" overboard for every pound of tuna they drag in to the boat.

I am part of the problem. I commercial fished for five years, and we threw away stuff I see for eight dollars a pound in the store now.

Back
Top Bottom